• Not Voting

0 0%
  • George Bush

4 14.81%
  • John Kerry

23 85.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial 2004 GWW Election Winner Poll

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? The Unofficial 2004 GWW Election Winner Poll

So we are 6 days away from the 2004 presidential elections and i thought it would be a bit of fun to see if we could accurately predict which of the two main parties will win.

As such, cast your vote in this poll.

This poll will remain active until the 1st at which time voting will stop.

Also, dont forget that on Tuesday (November 2nd) you need to get your ass outta the office chair and VOTE!

Regards,

Lee

Rainbo1956
    It's a very scary time indeed.

Although I feel there shouldn't EVEN be any concern over who "should" win, I fear that we really have no power over who "will" win....let's not forget FL 4 years ago....whaaaaaaaa!

Are the votes really ligit?

Thumbnailer
    I like Kerry more, but Bush will win for sure...

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Northstar's Avatar
    I think we are going to see Kerry win by a larger margin they anyone thinks. I think people are pissed about the 2000 election and Bush not doing anything with significant in his four year term, beside getting us into the biggest blunder in history. I went to a Michael Moore rally the other day here in Pennsylvania. There were over 12,000 people with Kerry signs and this was in a small college town. There were only maybe 20 Bush supporters and a couple anti-abortion protesters. Over in Philly there were over 120,000 supporters at a Kerry rally with Clinton as a speaker. Bush has already almost given up on PA and we are a battle ground state.

Jasun
    Originally posted by Northstar
    I think we are going to see Kerry win by a larger margin they anyone thinks.

When I went to mail my absentee ballot, the person at the post office told me she'd never seen so many Americans sending ballots. she said last time it was like 5 or 6 she saw.. this time, she said it was at least 50, and probably more.. and she said most of them made a point to say they were voting for Kerry.

Xstr8guy
    Originally posted by Northstar
    I think we are going to see Kerry win by a larger margin they anyone thinks. I think people are pissed about the 2000 election and Bush not doing anything with significant in his four year term, beside getting us into the biggest blunder in history. I went to a Michael Moore rally the other day here in Pennsylvania. There were over 12,000 people with Kerry signs and this was in a small college town. There were only maybe 20 Bush supporters and a couple anti-abortion protesters. Over in Philly there were over 120,000 supporters at a Kerry rally with Clinton as a speaker. Bush has already almost given up on PA and we are a battle ground state.
    EXACTLY! This election will be a landslide victory for Kerry. He will win the electoral college by a slim margin but the popular vote will overwhelmingly be in his favor. Just wait and see. No, don't wait... be sure to vote!

Originally posted by Jasun
    When I went to mail my absentee ballot, the person at the post office told me she'd never seen so many Americans sending ballots. she said last time it was like 5 or 6 she saw.. this time, she said it was at least 50, and probably more.. and she said most of them made a point to say they were voting for Kerry.
    Looks like your post office isn't the only one http://www.cincypost.com/2004/10/27/absent102704.html

BTW Jasun your vote might not have been confidential .. see this other thread http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...&threadid=5934

Rainbo1956
    PHREW!!!

I hope it's not because you live in a more progresive state though...
    Where are you?

Jasun
    Originally posted by Rainbo1956
    PHREW!!!

I hope it's not because you live in a more progresive state though...
    Where are you?
    I live in Canada, actually... and it's mostly American College Students who are voting.

I think that Americans living in other countries are going to be the X-factor in this election.

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Northstar's Avatar
    Why Kerry can't win Florida. Check this out. The new FL voting machines

well, i hope you folks are correct, but i know a LOT of people voting for bush - and in our industry, too!

they talk about tax breaks and stuff - they should think about ashcroft and witch hunts, instead :-(

Jasun
    Whenever anyone talks about the tax cuts, I always snap them back with "I didn't know you were a Millionaire! thats' great".

Because the majority of the tax cut went the the richest 1% of America. Some help that was to Walmart employees and The Service Industry.

I'm sorry but if anyone in the adult industry votes for Bush they don't have much business sense. If Bush gets four more years then so does John Ashcroft and if he has his way our industry is a goner!

desslock
    Whenever anyone talks about the tax cuts, I always snap them back with "I didn't know you were a Millionaire! thats' great".

Because the majority of the tax cut went the the richest 1% of America. Some help that was to Walmart employees and The Service Industry.
    Jasun

Not to pick nits --- but that is a mischaracterization of the law. FOr example, Wal Mart employees and millionaires in 2002 received a $600 credit for each kid. In 2003, they all received $1000.

Also if you made over $28,000 you effective received a 2% or greater reduction in your tax rate. Bill Gates' rate went from 38% to 35%, but also the people making $15/hr at Dell technical support had their tax rates lowered from 27% to 25% or in some cases 15%.

Also, if you work at Dell tech support and buy into the stock purchase program, and then decide to sell your stock - your capital gains rate was halved, from 10% to 5%. (it goes to 0 in 2008, *if* you are not in the top tax brackets; Bill Gates will still pay 15% though.)

That is just some examples. It is misleading to employ class envy regarding the tax changes. The wealthiest people in general always pay the most into the tax system, so obviously they are mathematically going to be the most effected.

Steve

Jasun
    Originally posted by desslock
    Jasun It is misleading to employ class envy regarding the tax changes.
    It's very cute that you actually believe all that.

Mom told you the truth about the Easter Bunny, didn't she?