Thread: Drm

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar

Drm

One of my friends just bragged that he had 211 movies from Sean Cody, all from Kazaa. That led me to think about DRM technology, I know Adult Bouncer is using DRM, and some other sites

Has that DRM yet been cracked, anyone know? We're talking about it and he says it's been cracked, but I'm in the dark and tend to think it hasn't yet been cracked

Anyone know?

not that i've heard of, but it only protects a single format of video.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Id also be interested in finding out any downsides to using DRM technology apart from only being able to encode one type of media that is.

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    DRM is the way to go. No doubt about that.

The best solution out there is offered by Playa Solutions - www.playadrm.com

They are true professionals.
    The Creator Of THE STANDARD in Affiliate Management and Tracking Software - MPA3® Standard $99/Monthly!!!

Originally posted by oystein
    DRM is the way to go. No doubt about that.

The best solution out there is offered by Playa Solutions - www.playadrm.com

They are true professionals.
    Thanks for that post packed full of info :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

Originally posted by Lee
    Thanks for that post packed full of info :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee
    For Your Members Area
    Members Area content, when offered on a downloadable basis has benefits including the ability to allow members to "take the content with them." It offers a consistent and available value to the end user and you retain total control. This allows at the very least, the ability to turn theft into a marketing opportunity.

Example:
    Upload and secure all of your exclusive member's content through our packaging server. Then download it to your server. Login and set the rules to prompt the end user for their username and password the first time they play a file in any given month. Set the play count to unlimited for say 5 days. They can now watch ANY of your member's area videos for 5 days without ever being prompted. At the end of the 5 days, they will once again be prompted. If their membership is up to date, they can play the video, if not, you can redirect them to a tour/join page. If content leaves your members area, those users will also be directed to a tour/join page. You just captured back traffic from your member's area! Additionally, all of the content will have a 2257 statement imbedded in the content so there is no worry of non compliance and extra insurance displaying your desire to be compliant.

DRM as a Marketing Tool
    If you think of individually secured (DRM'd) content as little URL's the business models really get exciting. No matter where the content goes, you have the ability to talk to the end user in real time and move them anywhere you wish. This could include taking them back to your site, an up sell or you could use the traffic for trades.

Front End Trailers
    Upload and secure all of your tour trailers through our packaging server. Then download them to your server. Login and set the license to be SILENT meaning that it will play without ANY interference. Let this run for 5 days. On day 6, change the video on your tour to a new license. Then set the old license to pop back to your homepage on an affiliate code. You just captured back traffic that was generated from people taking and sharing your trailers! This can be applied to TPG and MGP videos and any other place that you offer your trailers (see below).

Sponsor Program
    You could offer webmasters content that is individually secured for them with their affiliate code. This content can be used by them to promote your program. Wherever they send that content it will pop back to you on their affiliate code. They can viral market and know that where ever the content goes, they will paid and more importantly wherever the content goes, you can always talk to it, track it, modify it and more importantly disable it if need be.

TGP / MGP Advertisment
    This can be executed in a similar fashion to the "a" and "b" rotation mentioned in the front end tour example. Place the content into your TGP, MGP or hosted galleries, wait a few days and pop all the traffic back.

Viral Marketing
    People naturally trade (baseball cards, furs or in this case) content. The very nature of people will make your content move around the net. Our PlayaDRM Solution gives you the ability to capture them. You could take this traffic back to your sites or you can use the traffic for trades.

DRM for Pay Per View
    Take the top videos from your member's area and offer them to end users on a per play basis. Offer users the option to purchase blocks of time (token system) or pay a flat fee to watch the movie as many times as you decide using any whichever process you wish that being IBill, Web900, SMS, Paypal, etc. Place the trailers for these movies on a console. After the user watches the trailer they can be prompted to buy the whole move. If their transaction is approved, then they can download and watch the whole movie. This will save you on those who just want to try it out and not pay. You can tease them with a trailer and only burn bulk bandwidth on paid videos. Place this console as your last exit and see what happens!

--- damn, I am good at copy/paste :yeah:
    The Creator Of THE STANDARD in Affiliate Management and Tracking Software - MPA3® Standard $99/Monthly!!!

Jigg..

To answer your question, yes it has already been hacked.. several times.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...8&q=drm+hacked

Regards,

Lee

Originally posted by Lee
    Jigg..

To answer your question, yes it has already been hacked.. several times.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...8&q=drm+hacked

Regards,

Lee
    And I am sure it will be hacked over and over again. No doubt about that.

The good thing is that it is Microsoft that is sitting on the technology - they have the resources to continously stay atop of any hacks and if the case may be, hire the hackers that succeed in hacking their solutions...

Actually, I would love to hire anybody good enough to hack their DRM solution and will pay a handsome six figure salary too!

:-)

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    It's like any system though. If you build it, they will hack it...:specs:
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    actually form what I read, DRM v9 from MS hasn't been hacked, yet. The previous versions have been, but it was fixed

Apple's DRM used on itunes was cracked as i understand it

Originally posted by jIgG
    actually form what I read, DRM v9 from MS hasn't been hacked, yet. The previous versions have been, but it was fixed

Apple's DRM used on itunes was cracked as i understand it
    I have not heard of any recent hacks successful on the MS platform - the one from Apple is full of holes. So are most others too.

The Machine
    Hi guys,

There is a DRM system for MPEG 1, 2 and AVI videos. MS is no longer the only choice out there. So if you have MPEG or AVI videos in your member area, you have the option of protecting those too.

Some prominent Gay niche sites have been using us and are very happy with the results.

We currently have a special until the end of November and interested parties can purchase our software for a very attractive price. Details can be found here:

http://secureyourmedia.com/special.html

Thank you

Paul

I'd rather be whole, than good
    I can vouch for Playa - it's an affordable, easy to use system that can save you ALOT of money. Only issue is that Mac users can't use the encrypted Windows Media files at this time - regardless of whether they are using the latest version of Windows Media Player.

Has anyone heard anything of this situation changing in the last couple of months?

DamianPPVNetworks

PPVNetworks DRM

Check out our DRM technology:
    http://www.ppvnetworks.com/ppvnethome.nsf/drm

We employ the RealNetworks Helix DRM. We are the only adult entertainment company to use this DRM, considered the most robust available. It has not been cracked, unlike most others like DivX, et al. Additionally, it provides DRM protection for both streaming and downloable content, as well as surestream multiple bitrate encodes.

All of our custom theatres for studios utilize this DRM technology. And yes, Sean Cody should call us. I can' tell you how many people I know that have his movies "saved" on their PCs... tsk tsk tsk

An excerpt from our website:

"Only PPVNetworks Pay-Per-View Theatres protect your movies from unauthorized use. PPVNetworks has invested enormous effort and resources to provide this valuable service to our partner studios.

Leveraging our partnership with RealNetworks, PPVNetworks secures its enormous library using Helix DRM, a complex “behind the scenes” system of encryption and technical wizardry that would baffle Einstein.

What does this mean to you and your customers? Well, business as usual. Except, your movies can’t be downloaded, hijacked, bookmarked, saved, slurped, or otherwise compromised electronically. With the growing threat of offshore webmasters stealing content en masse and millions of users “sharing” files on pier-to-pier networks, protecting your digital rights is becoming an extremely relevant concern!

PPVNetworks values your business and your content rights. Can your other pay-per-view providers say the same?"

If you would like to find out more, feel free to contact me at any time.