Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you will never convince me bush won

Dawgy

you will never convince me bush won

i just dont buy it, sorry.

anyone want to take bets on when the 1st new attack comes?

its sad, isnt it? that i have more faith in the words of a terrorist than our own president?

BDBionic
    Welcome to the Dark Ages.

Rainbo1956
    And, things will get stranger and stranger...
    :hmmph:

dawgy, i know lots of fucking adult webmasters who support bush - there is no limit to human stupidity, it appears.

BDBionic
    Forgive my rant, but I hope things go to shit in a hurry here now. I hope that 4 years from now, this country is left with irrefutable evidence that tonight's decision was the wrong one to have made.

In elections past, I've been content with the fact that if I supported a losing candidate or proposition, a majority of voters simply disagreed with me for their own valid reasons, whatever they may have been, and that's how democracy works. Rule by the majority, regardless of whether or not I'm in it.

Not this time. Not this time, in the slightest. That the most corrupt, manipuulative and deceptive administration to have occupied the White House in any of our lifetimes haven't been held accountable isn't just evidence of their having played the American people and the public to support them in their evil ways but that the system itself is corrupted beyond repair.

The Bush administration's response to 9/11 was to strip us of our civil liberties, impose their version of moral fascism upon this country's citizens, ignore any and all domestic issues beyond vote-getting lip service and lead us in to an unjust war built upon false pretense. We were lied to. We were abused. We were deceived and played all along. And tens of millions of us saw no problem with that. In fact, they were so blinded to how horribly corrupt this administration is they somehow saw fit to give them another 4 years in office.

And not just that, but the American people through this supposed democracy have yanked this country not only infinite steps to the right, but back in to medeival times. The right wing now has carte blanche to impose their version of morality upon the nation as a whole with Senate and Congressional majorities and a Supreme Court just ready and waiting to be stocked with neo-fascist judges.

That I sound like some wanna be anarchist conspiracy theorist right now isn't lost on me. But consider that I've been a lifelong Republican since the day I first sat down and thought about politics and which party had better ideals upon which to build this country over a decade ago. I'm not some raging liberal nutcase eager to pounce upon any Republican act and cry foul.

I'm simply a newly disenfranchised voter who has no faith in the system's ability to correct itself or perform properly because the system is completely and utterly useless beyond repair now.

Democracy isn't worth two shits when the voters are incapable of rational thought. Rule by, of and for the people means nothing when the people themselves aren't worthy of determining their own fates.

I'll lay out the disclaimer that many close friends and family members - including some very intelligent people - voted for Bush today and more power to them for having exercised their rights to vote.

But I have no interest in or desire to just sit back and say "It wasn't our day." I don't believe in the slightest that a Bush victory will have come out of anything right and proper at all.

This country deserves to have some horrible shit happen to it over the course of the next four years. This country deserves to have to look at at the trouble it's gotten itself in to and be faced with the undeniable fact that we got ourselves in to it by endorsing this administration and not holding them accountable for what they've done.

We deserve to get bogged down in the quagmire that is Iraq, inflame terrorist sentiment against us, balloon our defecit beyond repair, lose more jobs, alienate our allies further, be reviled and hated the world over, watch our natural resources and the well being of our environment get handed over to corporations for their thorough raping, get overwhelmed by massive insurance premiums and lose health coverage, and see our empire crumble around us.

The United States deserves that because the people of the United States who felt a one dimensional, unilateral, short term approach to conduct and policy was the best way to go.

And I want to be able to stand up 4 years from now and say "I fucking told you so." Despite however much shit the US gets in to between then and now and however horrible things may get, so be it. When your stripped of your civil liberties and due process is no longer due; when we've so flaunted international law and ethical conduct in this laughable war against terror that we're nothing more than some barbaric and sadistic mass of ideologues no different than those we profess to be defending ourselves from; when the flag draped coffins coming back from Iraq are too much to count; when you have no job or health coverage and can't afford life on its simplest terms because you voted to give every last bit of this country that might have belonged to the people to a greedy elite, suck it up.

Dick Cheney and George Bush are laughing at the American people. Shaking their heads in disbelief at just how easily we're suckered in to buying the bullshit they feed us and patting themselves on the back for having taken advantage of a tragedy like 9/11 so well that they've been given free reign to fuck this country over for sake of their own bank accounts and twisted ideologies.

The loser in this election? It wasn't Kerry. Not democrats. Not homosexuals or progressives or liberals or whatever other terms people want to toss around. The loser was any last bit of hope that this system works.

In 6 months I've gone from a moderate Republican to a firm believer in the fact that this democracy isn't worth caring about anymore. This system isn't worth saving. The American people aren't worth being served. Our interests aren't worth being pursued.

I'm an American by birth and nothing more. I could care less about the future of this country because there's nothing uniquely American or inherent to it worth caring about.

Call me extreme or over reacting. Suggest I've totally lost it. You could very well be right.

But this election's results were wrong. And we'll face the full brunt of that fact in the next for years and for countless years beyond. And when people try and pass the buck and blame someone else for their misfortune I'll laugh at how they brought it upon themselves and rest content in the knowledge they deserved every ounce of it.

It's not worth caring about the future of the United States or hoping for the best these next four years. Because the US itself isn't worth two shits from here on out. And in an extreme gesture of selfishness I hope a great many people in this country find themselves suffering at the hands of misfortune their votes have brought upon themselves for no other reason than to be able to say "You deserve it, fucker."

BDBionic
    God it felt good saying that.
    To mellow things out a little bit and stretch my legs after my frustration-relieving rant...

look on the bright side...

We're already halfway through George W. Bush's presidency!

NikKay
    Whew BD, that was a bitter rant! Bitter but absolutely true in every way, and I hope you don't mind if I pass it along to a few friends?

Rainbo1956
    My prediction is, that if you don’t get your passports in order now, you’ll have a very hard time of it in the not so far off future!

While I don’t really think there will be a mass exodus now, I truly believe that many Americans will want to get the hell out of America when the shit “really” starts the hit the preverbal fan! I believe that isn’t too far off.

Do you honestly think Bush wants this or will allow this? Hell NO

The USA is going to make it harder and harder for their citizens to obtain their passports.
    And, make it harder and harder for any citizen to leave the country.

You can or may disagree, that’s fine.

But, the simple truth of the matter is, as more and more Americans leave the US for other countries, bringing along their families, their American currency, skills, businesses and tax paying dollars….the Government loses. This wont set well with the “ Police State” we’re heading for.

It isn’t for just another 4 more years. The damage that the Bush administration is going to cause will last for many, many years after.

BTW BDBionic, that was a great rant!
    Most likely what you say will come true too....ergo, people WILL want outta this forsaken place

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar
    BD, I agree with every word you said. And I cant believe he won tonight either, all tho he didnt win 4 years ago but look at the damage he has done.

And it looks like it will be my home state that puts him over the edge. Glad I am not there and have not been there in 4 years as they are one of the 11 that tonight felt it necessary to pass amendments denying me the same rights to marry.

I have been overseas for more than 3 years and now I am shopping for new citizenship somewhere. Like I have said before, I am not "an American", it is where I am from, nothing more.

I didnt have much faith in the people of America before, and now my worst fears have been proven correct. It is a shame that there isnt some sort of IQ test given to people before they vote, cause I know a bunch in my family that would not have a chance if that were the case.

I talked with them tonight and they are gushing with what a "safer America" it is gonna be........right. It sure as hell isnt going to be a safer world, but what the fuck. At least Haliburton's stock will keep rising......

:evil:

Jasun
    You know, Brian, if you marry me, you can get Canadian citizenship...

Rainbo1956
    Well, Kerry "already" conceded to Bush

Sheesh, another man of his word....NOT!

Maybe he "had" to, if ya know what I mean...hummmm?

Xstr8guy
    Originally posted by BDBionic
    Forgive my rant, but I hope things go to shit in a hurry here now. I hope that 4 years from now, this country is left with irrefutable evidence that tonight's decision was the wrong one to have made...

... It's not worth caring about the future of the United States or hoping for the best these next four years. Because the US itself isn't worth two shits from here on out. And in an extreme gesture of selfishness I hope a great many people in this country find themselves suffering at the hands of misfortune their votes have brought upon themselves for no other reason than to be able to say "You deserve it, fucker."
    What he said! :yeah:

Rainbo1956
    As you said Jasun, I should have added....

as "more and more intelligent, skilled, progressive, aware, stronger Americans leave the US for other countries, bringing along their families, their American currency, skills, businesses and tax paying dollars...the US Government loses" etc...

Yes, it does seem possible when it's put that way, that other countries will at least benefit somewhat from this damn election!

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar
    a very sad day

Ounique
    I agree Brian, although I don't want to see the people of this country pay for what has happened. Althogh I have lost my faith in this country. I know everyone is entitled to have thier opinion, but in all honesty, people know what damage has been done. It's been proven. We've alinated ourselves from the UN, made enemies of countries that one had been allies, and are now more in debt than ever. And if you need physical proof that you can see for yourself, one only has to fill your car with gas to see how this has affected us in our own back yards.

Having said that, the choice is to desert a sinking ship or to stand and fight to keep it afloat. I'll be dammned if I'm going to let them win by handing over the country on a silver platter. They may have won the prize and things will be hard but if we are ever going to get anywhere we need to empower ourselves. If homophobia was the cause of shift towards Bush then let be an example and allow those ignorant of gays and lesbians to learn what we are about. More people now are open to the idea of letting people live the way they want more than ever before. It's not perfect, but we're heading in the right direction. We've lost what little support the government might have given us, but we've been without it before. Things will just be a little tougher now.

Welcome to 1984. Doubleplusgood, I think not. It's up to us as individuals to keep things from getting out of hand.