Thread: Does Anyone Have A List Of Fonts > Niche Use Comparison Chart?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Does Anyone Have A List Of Fonts > Niche Use Comparison Chart?

What i mean is, do you know of a list of niches as well as a 'typical' font to be used in design aspects of a site in that niche?

For example, a good font to use for a fetish themed site would be 'Disintergration'.

Anyone happen to have any links to such a list?

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    For example, do you think the fonts below accurately reflect the niche?

Your thoughts on this?

Regards,

Lee

thetwink
    That's an interesting question. For sure there are some fonts that simply won't work in certain niches, but I think narrowing it by niche can be limiting. For example, using the image you supplied as a reference, the font used for twinks is a good choice (though honestly, the hearts kinda throw me off) but it's possible that any of the other fonts could work as well. Depending on the sub-category... i.e. amateur twinks vs. twink super slick megasite.

Obviously, the one you chose for Asians is indicitive of the niche, but mainly because you're describing an ethnicity or people from a certain region, but even then I would consider using a different type of font depending on the actual type of Asian site.

cj.
    Lee, the beautiful thing about typography is the millions of potential combinations you can use to create the *exact* feeling you are looking for at the site - down to editing individual letters that you don't like in a font.

I have a cd with 5000 fonts on it which is pretty standard for any designer - there's some that obviously match a certain niche, but there are SOOOOO many fonts, its silly to limit yourself to just a few.

I guess though, if you aren't a designer, it might really help to have a list like this so you can always default to one you know is going to match ... but personally, i want my 1000's of fonts to choose from every time ;-)

tip: no more than 3 fonts on a page. a title font, a sub title font and a main text font. ;-)