Thread: Glitch gave Bush extra 3,893 votes in precinct with only 638 voters !

Glitch gave Bush extra 3,893 votes in precinct with only 638 voters !

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- An error with an electronic voting system gave President Bush 3,893 extra votes in suburban Columbus, elections officials said.

Franklin County's unofficial results had Bush receiving 4,258 votes to Democrat John Kerry's 260 votes in a precinct in Gahanna. Records show only 638 voters cast ballots in that precinct.

Bush actually received 365 votes in the precinct, Matthew Damschroder, director of the Franklin County Board of Elections, told The Columbus Dispatch.

FULL STORY

Why doesn't this surprise me? And of course in Ohio
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

since kerry conceded, i guess it won't matter.

my son has a close co-worker who used an electronic voting machine. she voted for kerry, it said bush. she reported it, and it was a big hassle, but they felt it was a one-time glitch. riiiiiiight...

Originally posted by basschick
    my son has a close co-worker who used an electronic voting machine. she voted for kerry, it said bush. she reported it, and it was a big hassle, but they felt it was a one-time glitch. riiiiiiight...
    We know Bush's "morals" are to dominate by whatever means possible, cheating, lying, manipulating is nothing new with him pesonally, or his administration I'm sure!

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by basschick
    since kerry conceded, i guess it won't matter.
    Actually, it will.

If it is discovered that Kerry actually is the election winner, he will become president, whether he conceeded or not :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    Yupyup... Concession is more symbolic than anything else. It's not 'til December that vote counts are officially tallied and the electoral college places its votes for the candidates so, although it's a remote possibility, it is theoretically possible for it to be discovered Kerry won between now and Dec. and electoral college votes to be given to him instead of Bush.

we can dream... i personally know of several people who had problems at electronic voting, plus at my precinct, they did the pen thing, and there were all kinds of problems there, too.

besides, if more precincts had the same miscounting - well, we'd probably never know...

eclipse
    3,000 votes here, 3,000 votes there, it all adds up. The existance of ANY discovered shenanigans in the electronic voting machines should be VIGOROUSLY pursued. Personally I find it hard to believe that the republicans could have dominated so many states considering the lousy job bush has done as president.

Is it just me? or does anyone else find it disturbing that a republican leaning corporation is the designer and manufacturer of electronic voting machines and software, while also being a large republican campaign contributor and gives large sums of money to lobbyists to get influence in washington?

There have been reports of machines having thousands of votes in them before a single official ballot was cast? A machine in ohio cast over 3000 votes for bush, when there was less than 1000 real votes cast. And people wonder why we insist on a paper trail :wtf:

a woman i met recently briefly told me that diebold is a big supporter of bush... she said she had read that about them a while back.

Camper than a row of tents
    "I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year,"
    - Walden W. O'Dell, Diebold CEO in his Republican Party fund-raiser letter in August 2003

Originally posted by Matt 26z
    "I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year,"
    - Walden W. O'Dell, Diebold CEO in his Republican Party fund-raiser letter in August 2003
    Very interesting Matt!

New developments in voting errors!

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

desslock
    Folks....

Diebold is only one of *many* manufacturers of electronic voting machines. For example - Houston and Austin use electronic machines made by Hart Graphics.

Plus - I'll bet if you look at the overall country, areas that use the Diebold machines would not constitute a vast conspiracy to alter the election.

Many counties in Ohio used punch card ballots last week. Actually the electronic voting machines worked properly thoughout the country.

Remember, elections are always by the nature imprecise. And there is no greater or less opportunity for criminal activity with this system vs. others.

Steve

Originally posted by desslock
    ..And there is no greater or less opportunity for criminal activity with this system vs. others

Well how do you explain the ease of changing results here :high:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com