Thread: Members Area Question - Feeds > Other Content Ratio?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Members Area Question - Feeds > Other Content Ratio?

Has anyone ever tested what 'works' in a paysites members area so far as a ratio of feeds : images or other types of content?

We have around 200 feeds in our custom CMS right now and, whilst i obviously want the members to see that we have a whole selection feeds, i dont want them to think that is all we are going to be offering them.

Anyone have any feedback on what a good method of managing this would be? Right now im thinking of 'previewing' 4 of the feeds in rotation each day and having a link setup that leads to a page with them all listed. Would that work in your opinion?

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    i think it depends on the site.

a megasite should have any & everytyhing u can get your paws on

a seancody style site should have a bare minimum of extra crap, while focusing on exclusives.

Originally posted by Dawgy
    i think it depends on the site.

a megasite should have any & everytyhing u can get your paws on

a seancody style site should have a bare minimum of extra crap, while focusing on exclusives.
    Dale i agree with you however, as it currently stands what the new members areas navigation will be like is this..

Site Tour Page
    Join Page
    Members Area - Index Page - Individual Sections

So the first thing a member sees is almost like a 'splash' page detailing a small selection of everything we have inside the complete members area so they can see its not just images or movies but a collection of images, movies, stories, theatres, feeds, polls, forums, dating, etc etc etc

Im trying to figure out the best way of detailing as many of the options inside the members areas as possible without making the 'splash' page look cluttered.

Regards,

Lee

the sites that retain the best for me have tours that don't talk about plugins at all, and don't focus on them or don't have them.

on the other hand, i have heard about sites that focus mostly on pictures - not video - and have MASSIVE picture sections who only have plugins for video and do okay.

Originally posted by basschick
    the sites that retain the best for me have tours that don't talk about plugins at all, and don't focus on them or don't have them.

on the other hand, i have heard about sites that focus mostly on pictures - not video - and have MASSIVE picture sections who only have plugins for video and do okay.
    Patti i have to agree with what you mention about tour designs that has certainly been part of our past experience also :thumbsup:

Im just trying to figure out the best way to organize the first page of the members area once they have actually pulled out their wallet though, I have so many option to play with (which is nice) its becoming mind-numbingly boring

Regards,

Lee

it depends on what kind of site it is. reality sites that retain well for me put their episodes on the member page - and often any plugins underneath.

Lee what is your CMS site URL? Or is CMS not a site but something else?

Basschick "the sites that retain the best for me have tours that don't talk about plugins at all, and don't focus on them or don't have them."

Right on. I have feeds in my members area but don't promote them outside the the site. The only way you know I have any feeds is if you subscribe. Then again, I focus on custome content so feeds are an extra to foster retention, not to get new subscribers.

cheers
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

undermyspell
    squirt.. CMS is a content management script..

Right now we've been talking about reorganizing our jump page and making our exclusive content sites really prominent while downgrading the size and location of the feeds. Not only will this reduce content cost and gig usage but it will get them to what they came looking for easier.

Originally posted by undermyspell
    squirt.. CMS is a content management script..
    Of course! The way I read it CMS didn't register for some reason

Thank you undermyspell :high:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

undermyspell
    no problem.. it took me a while to get used to the abbreviations thrown around. I'm still having trouble with aq which means to ask my boss the question... :wtf:

Yep Undermyspell is right CMS = Content Management Script

Regards,

Lee