Thread: the Titan(s) are coming, watch out

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar

the Titan(s) are coming, watch out

Titan has kicked some more ass

In separate decisions from the U.S. District Court in Northern California, judges imposed large fines on individuals who illegally used images owned by Titan Media.

In one case, the owner of the Web site AreaGay.com published six Titan-owned images and was fined $49,500 for damages and online willful copyright infringement. In the other case, an individual was fined $41,250 for using five Titan images in a CD photo collection that he sold via online auction site eBay.
    http://www.gay.com/news/article.html?2004/11/05/4

and 8 more cases pending

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Yeah i noticed that late last night.

Its seems they are getting a lot of judgements against companies using their copyrighted imagery.

Of course, this is just a sign of the times, im pretty sure we will see more cases of this nature from other companies as companies strive to maintain thir profitbility.

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    true that
    but i can't blame them
    so called webmasters that think they're entitled to ripping dvds and using them on their sites are asking for trouble.

these two got away with just $50k fines, could have been much worse

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by jIgG
    these two got away with just $50k fines, could have been much worse
    Agreed.

From memory i beleive the actual maximum fine imposable on a 'per image' cost is around the $1500 mark. Multiply that by the amount of images in a set and its just not worth the risk to anyones business to use unlicensed content.

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    what the stories dont say, is that some of these people were using screen caps from videos that they purchased. some of these people were using screen caps to promote titan products.

titan cant make money on their own shitty content anymore, so they go around suing people. ive stated a number of times that they have repeatedly found images of their on peoples servers, when those people didnt even know they were there, and the images were not being used in any way. i hvae first hand knowledge of this, and it just blows my mind.