Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi, I'm new and need help!

Cheeks

Hi, I'm new and need help!

Hello Gentlemen,

For almost 20 years I have produced videos of rugged, average guys, beginning with the publication of 'Southern Cumfort Magazine", then graduating to the videos. I have sold the vids on my site "Workin' Men Videos" for almost 8 years, and now offer VOD on the "Workin' Men Movies" site.

I've never really promoted the site, as I had a large base from my magazine, but now, with the new site, I would like to begin advertising without spamming or intrusive methods.

My website designer recommended this venue, and I would appreciate any input I could get from the members. Please feel free to contact me with any thoughts or information that might be helpful.

Thanks!

Workin' Men Movies

dude, i love your site, and i would like to send it traffic as an affiliate if you created a second tour page or at least added a couple more episodes in the tour. this is a very exciting site, in a niche that i used to advertise till my sponsor disappeared.

why not start your own affiliate program? ccbill has that option for free. then you can have other webmasters send traffic to your site for 50% of the profits. the best part is ccbill pays the affiliates for you.

also you can buy listings on hunkhunter.com and use google adwords to send traffic.

Welcome to GWW!

I'd promote your site if you had an affiliate program and extended your tour for the site.

The way your site is setup now all you see is the front page.. with no tour at all so people can see more of the guys you have and what they can expect in your site. Without more of a tour you will have much less success.

Your content looks good!
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

thetwink
    It's about time you finally posted here. tehehe You'll like this board, everyone here is nice and helpful

Dzinerbear
    Hey,

I echo what the others have said. I have thousands of visitors a month that would love to take a look at and buy memberships to your site. But I can't ship traffic somewhere where I'm not going to make any money.

I encourage you to pursue setting up an affiliate program because this niche is grossly under represented. This would be an easy sell.

And I would dump the $7.95 seven-day trial, if it isn't rebilling, no one is going to make any money ... not you, not me. If you wanted to do a trial, I'd offer $7.95 7-day that rebills and something like $12 or $14.95 that doesn't.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

i'd either use a cheaper trial - one that really lures them in with a low price ONLY if you update very regularly

or i'd go with no trial and offer a 3 month membership at a discount from the 1 month.

i promote a str8 site that has a cheap 3 day trial and rebills like crazy. it's one of my two best-retaining sponsors.

honestly at this point, i would go without a trial. you don't need it - you have a corner on this market, pretty much. but you might get more affiliates if you have two different tours - one with a trial and one without.

Dzinerbear
    Originally posted by basschick honestly at this point, i would go without a trial. you don't need it - you have a corner on this market, pretty much. but you might get more affiliates if you have two different tours - one with a trial and one without.
    I agree with basschick. Your site would be a pretty easy sell. I work with a similar hairy man niche site (not like yours, but very niche specific like yours) and I sell a membership pretty much every day for him.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

JustBryce
    The other suggestions already given are good and I can only think of a couple of things to add. However, before I do, you really do need to add an affiliate program as your first order of business. We have a massive amount of traffic that would buy memberships to your site. Its a great niche and folks are really looking for a site such as yours. However, like others before, we aren't the Sisters of Mercy (TM), so you have to grease our pockets

Expanding your tour, etc etc should be easy enough to do. A large tour equals a large site. If I'm going to lay down 30 buck a month, I need to know that there is enough content to keep me busy for those 30 days and that there is going to be new stuff added frequently.

You need to have your designer work up some promo materials for your new affiliate program. I can put up a link to your site and people will join, but if you can give me some hosted galleries, some photo sets, etc., then you'll see some real money. A lot of webmasters will need the use of your sales material, so make sure they have plenty of banners, buttons, FPA's etc.

Another thing you should consider adding to your site that is often overlooked, is a customer service area. You should add an FAQ page and a professional contact address. You should have an email address on your domain, not at mindspring. It helps people feel more secure and at ease.

Finally, you should consult with a qualified attorney, but you should have a terms of service page and you definitly need a published privacy policy which is now required for all websites that do business in California.

Again, the content is great and I'm sure you will do really well with it. If you ever decide to license out any of your content, let me know

Dzinerbear
    Originally posted by JustBryce
    If you ever decide to license out any of your content, let me know
    Yes, I totally didn't even think of this. I know that xstr8guy guy and I would scoop your stuff up in a half a second.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    Yes, I totally didn't even think of this. I know that xstr8guy guy and I would scoop your stuff up in a half a second.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear
    Lol, that was my first thought when I clicked the link... I gotta have this stuff!

Cheeks, PLEASE PLEASE license your content!!! I love this stuff! I'm gonna buy a trial right now.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear

Cheers
    Dzinerbear
    We would also be interested in licensing it too :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Ok, I joined... and WOW! Hot f-ing stuff, Cheeks... and lots of it, too! Where do you find all of these hairy, hung daddies?

I'm downloading some full-length clips as we speak. The short clips are too small, though... 140x110 is way to tiny about the size of a postage stamp on most higher rez monitors. The 320x240 full-length clips are better.

Xstr8guy
    I know I'm rambling now... but I just have to say that this stuff is the real deal! The videos have a 'Dirk Yates' feel to them, except they are daddies, not military boys. And you can that these are real straight men because no gay man is missing that many teeth, .

okay, i'm even more convinced.

c'mon, Cheeks - i'll happily build my own tour to promote your site if that's what it takes. how about that affiliate program?

thetwink
    Hi guys. I'm the designer. Right before he called it a night he messaged me and asked we could talk on the phone tomorrow to discuss all the feedback you guys have given, just so you know why he's not responding tonight.

I've been working with Cheeks for the past 3 months, and mentioning to him just how unique his content is often, based on what I have seen, and now I'm happy cuz he's going to see all the affirmations to that effect in the morning.