Thread: Question for Dzinerbear...or AVS ppl

Rainbo1956

Question for Dzinerbear...or AVS ppl

Storm asked me to show our "maybe" avs site here to be looked at
    by Dzinerbear or someone who knows avs sites...before we decide to join mancheck

Seems we know very little about avs sites anymore...

Can someone take a look at let us know what you think?

Would this be exceptable as an ok avs site to submit?

What changes, additions, advise would you give?

The members area contains:

A menu page that links to....
    3 galleries with about 25+ pics each
    7 short videos from AEBN
    Daily pic script
    Live cam from F4F

Should we add stories (we have them ready)

Too much, too little....crummy design?

Please be candid...
    It's been a long, long time since we've done anything but keep our pay site up.

Hot Jocks

Oh yeah, the "Free Stuff" link is there because I had to change it and I know ManCheck has a "free stuff" area...is that ok?

Rainbo1956
    I forgot to say/put the link for the main page...

In other words, I'll have a index page that will direct surfers to ????? a few differant AVS sites, links, whatever (undecided)

Still working on that whole design/idea...grrrrr
    And I should be working on my house...but, I want to get this over with...

X-Net-Zone.com

Thanks for the input!

Len

Dzinerbear

Re: Question for Dzinerbear...or AVS ppl

Storm asked me to show our "maybe" avs site here to be looked at
    by Dzinerbear or someone who knows avs sites...before we decide to join mancheck

Can someone take a look at let us know what you think?

I think it's fine. I had our submission people look at it and as long as those "join now" and "register" buttons lead the surfer to the MANcheck script, we would approve the site.

What changes, additions, advise would you give?

It looks a bit like a paysite come-on, so I might make a preview gallery or something with some bigger pictures. Maybe just make a couple of those thumbnail-like images clickable.

The members area contains:

A menu page that links to....
    3 galleries with about 25+ pics each
    7 short videos from AEBN
    Daily pic script
    Live cam from F4F

This sounds alright, but it's hard to say without actually seeing it.

Where does the free stuff link lead them? Probably putting a MANcheck banner or maybe some MANcheck Cinema movie boxes on that page might help, or a "click here" sort of link that leads them to the MANcheck script of join page.

Overall, I think the design is just fine, the only thing I'd suggest is that a couple of those guys are old in the sense that I saw those pictures four or five years ago, especially the one in the blue wrestling outfit.

If you want to run anything else by me, feel free.

cheers
    Dzinerbear

Rainbo1956
    Ok, thanks!

It's been forever since we made these sites....and they've just sat there doing nothing.
    Bought the pics years ago......we can change most of it.

Again, thanks...been working on updating content and redoing the index page all day and should be working on my damn house! , this is much more fun though :-)

Dzinerbear
    If you want me to look at anything else ... holler.

dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    The design is probably too ambitious for a regular AVS site. It could be a Platinum/Plus site instead with more pics inside (UGAS has a 300 pic minimum for Platinum)

You have too many outgoing links on your tour for a good listing on most AVS's. For example, UGAS prefers that you not send traffic to any other sites from your tour. They will allow a link to your UGAS hubpage as long as it's a dead-end... and if you are established with them, they are more relaxed with the rules. UGAS only allows 5 banners in your members area, 1 per page... so I always have a members index page and 4 gallery pages. I always have links to my hubpage on the members index page and the 4th gallery page... sometimes they allow it... sometimes not.

Although UGAS's rules can be restrictive, there are some benefits. They allow you to use your own FPA... after the member logs in to your site, they will see your FPA and they will need to click a 'continue' link to get to your members area. I get most of my sponsor sales from these pages. Also, they send a lot of traffic to you site when it is new.

I personally recommend building you sites to UGAS's specs since they are the most restrictive. Be sure to mirror your site on different AVS's, such as ManCheck (you'll need to remove the FPA). Each mirror will be exclusive to each AVS... do not put mutiple entrance scripts on the same site. My AVS sites have different tours... ok, they are identical, but each has it's own unique file on the server except for the full-size pics.

For example, I build a site for UGAS... then I copy all of the files into a Mancheck folder, I change the sales pitch to a unique Mancheck pitch, delete the FPA.html, change the links to go to my Mancheck hub, and find/replace so my galleries pull images from the original UGAS site.

My file structure looks like this:

UGAS site
    - index.html (warning page that includes censored images)
    - join.html (sales pitch and entrance script w/link to my UGAS hub)
    - content/fpa.html (fullpage ad with 'continue' link)
    - content/members.html (gallery index page with links to the 4 galleries, ad banner and link to my UGAS hub)
    - content/gallery.html (4 gallery pages, each with ad banner)

Mancheck mirror site
    - mancheck/index.html (warning page that includes censored images)
    - mancheck/join.html (sales pitch and entrance script w/link to my Mancheck hub)
    - content/mancheck/members.html (gallery index page with links to the 4 galleries, ad banner and link to my Mancheck hub)
    - content/mancheck/gallery.html (4 gallery pages, each with ad banner)

Let me know if any of this need clarifying.

Xstr8guy
    Another neat little trick...
    Do not use 'next' gallery links. I always make the surfer return to the gallery index page before going to the next gallery. That way they get to look at the banner on my gallery index page 4 times.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Xstr8guy
    Another neat little trick...
    Do not use 'next' gallery links. I always make the surfer return to the gallery index page before going to the next gallery. That way they get to look at the banner on my gallery index page 4 times.
    Hehe nice hint :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee