Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do I have to do?

undermyspell

What do I have to do?

What do I have to do to get you to try out BoysThatGag? I'm telling you that the numbers are off the hook and you will make some serious bank with it. Catch me on icq 59075257 or email ast ( a t ) edfmedia.com and I will give you the numbers that we're seeing as well as what kind of traffic is working best. Let me prove to you that we can put money in your pocket.

Rainbo1956
    We'd maybe try out as an affiliate....but, where's the webmasters link?
    Sorry, I didn't see one.

(edited for stupidity...)
    I clicked your sig...duh!

undermyspell
    LOL.. sometimes I have a blonde moment and don't put a URL in. I actually was hoping people would check the paysite and go from there. If it's a dating site you're going to use this on I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how well dating traffic will do with this site.

Thanks
    Jan

Dzinerbear
    I'm going to be brutally honest with you and I hope you understand that my intention here is to help you, not hurt or offend you.

Right or wrong, my initial gut feeling when I first saw the site was: straight company trying to do that gay "niche" thing again.

In my opinion, the whole language of the site is straight. A couple of guys sitting around having a few beers, "Oh sure I've let a guy suck my cock once. Found this faggot in the park and I fucked that boy's mouth until he gagged."

I don't know how to explain it other than gay men don't say things like gagged, cock gobbling, gagology, getting your throat stabbed. I've never called my cock "my lovestick." And "pushing cockmeat to the limit" I don't know what that means, but it doesn't sound like something I'd say.

(xstr8guy, jasun ... help me out here ... am I off base?)

Plus I just find the whole theme a bit ... well ... offensive. I don't have any first-hand witnesses here at the moment, but I am pretty sure I'm orally talented, so if I'm gagging it's because someone is forcing me to do something I don't want to be doing. I know you were probably going for the "these cocks are so big that these boys can barely get them into their mouths" thing, but that's not the way I'm reading it.

In looking up "gag" in Good Keywords over 4600 people searched for "gag on my cock" last month. A search in Google turns up straight sites in all of the top ten results, and many of those sites also employ the word "bitch" alongside "gag on my cock." So for me that spells out where the marketplace falls on that subject.

So when I looked at your site all of this was going through my head. And it boils down to a couple of things for me: (1) do I want to promote a site that smells a little homophobic (yeah, make those fags and bitches gag on my cock) and (2) do I think my gay traffic is going to buy something I wouldn't.

Homos ... am I wrong here?

Undermyspell ... I think you have a nice looking site, it's well designed, it's appealing, it's saleable, although I'm pretty sure I've seen some of this stuff on Street Bait. I think you need to hire a gay man to help you with the language and I'd suggest a name change.

Good luck
    Dzinerbear

Jasun
    See.. I was thinking the same thing, really.

I don't know how to say it, but plugging the guy's nose so he can't breathe, and watching him fight to get the guy's hands off the back of his head so he can take a breath is.. well.. kinda repulsive. So is watching him almost barf with the dick in his mouth.

I know it's all in fun and the guys are all laughing at the end of it and everything, but the language is totally geared toward straight men who hate women, not gay guys who like cock.

I'd temper the "Grab your lovestick, honey" (honey?) and "throat stabbed" (which sounds like, well.. murder) and try to make it seem a little bit more fun and less humiliating to the guy sucking cock.

I'm sure there's a market for this.. and I'll probably try it, but you might get better reception from a less over the top sales pitch.

undermyspell
    notes made on the language. However, a question, is there not a market for the "rough" gay sex? That's what this is trying to target.

Jasun
    There is, but that doesn't look like "rough sex" so much as.. guys, help me out.. what's the word I'm looking for?

The sex doesn't look rough so much as degrading.

I like the rough stuff myself, but if some guy tried to hold my face on his dick and not let me breathe, I'm not sure I'd be so into that.

undermyspell
    Jasun.. the offensiveness makes perfect sense now that you made the statements that you did. I know what market we were targeting and it's working very well within that market but we could expand that market with perhaps two tours. One like this and one that's a bit less rough.

Jasun
    There you go.

See.. the tour looks great, and the video quality is good, and the guy in the first video is cordially invited to chow down on the Jasunator any time he wants.

And if it's converting, it's converting.

I'll give it a try, but I'd probably want to wait for the new tour.

And thanks.

undermyspell
    Jasun.. you're an angel.. Thank You :angel:

Jasun
    Originally posted by undermyspell
    Jasun.. you're an angel.. Thank You :angel:
    So how come every time I try to go to a church for confession, I burn my hand on the door and the windows all explode out?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Jasun
    So how come every time I try to go to a church for confession, I burn my hand on the door and the windows all explode out?
    Because you are a fallen angel

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    See when I think of rough sex, I think more of s/m and leather and all of those realms are okay with me because there's the whole element of safe, sane and consensual.

And rough sex, yes I know it exists, I know there's a market for it, but I think you need to be careful on how this stuff translates in print. If I'm with a guy and I say "Yeah suck daddy's dick, come on choke on it, boy," he can tell by my tone of voice, my actions, and whatever discussion we've had about the whole scene beforehand that this is just a scene. When I go to a website like this, I don't have the benefit of that hind sight or knowledge.

Maybe if you shifted the come-on language a bit to something like this: "These guys love to be humiliated while they're sucking cock. They like to have a cock shoved down their throat until they almost gag. And these guys beg us to be mean to them." This sort of thing, it's a little less threatening, mysoginistic or homophobic, and you've built in an element of consent.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Jasun
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    "These guys love to be humiliated while they're sucking cock. They like to have a cock shoved down their throat until they almost gag. And these guys beg us to be mean to them."
    :soundofjasungoingofflikearocket:

undermyspell
    I have an expert looking over it now. He's a genius as far as i'm concerned and perhaps he can recommend someone that can redo the text for me. I so appreciate all the input and now it makes sense why I was seeing traffic from mostly straight webmasters that push gay traffic to sponsors.