Thread: Pre-Checked Cross Sells? Whats The Deal With Them?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Pre-Checked Cross Sells? Whats The Deal With Them?

What i mean is, lets say i have a pre-checked cross sale on my join page and a surfer doesnt notice it..

When it comes time for that surfer to chargeback on that cross sale who's account does the chargeback go towards? Mine or the other programs?

Regards,

Lee

I'd rather be whole, than good
    If it's on YOUR join page then it would be selling the other programs site so the other program wears the chargeback.

Dzinerbear
    I don't like them and I don't promote sites who use them. I think it's sneaky. And if a surfer is going to end up getting charged $120 in rebilling (like they were with one site I looked at) then I think the chances of a chargeable aren't just great, but inevitable.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

I'd rather be whole, than good
    They don't have to be pre-checked btw. You can simply add them as an "Ezclick" / cross sale option.

undermyspell
    I thought that Paycom was getting rid of these at the end of the month anyway..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by undermyspell
    I thought that Paycom was getting rid of these at the end of the month anyway..
    I asked Rand about this a week or so ago on the community here and he said that only certain accounts were having the 'pre-check' option disallowed

Regards,

Lee

undermyspell - no. paycom has been VERY clear about this - they're getting rid of certain accounts.

lee - judging by performance, very few or no guys leave that checked unless they have seen it and are curious. the thing that i and another person notice who tested these together is this - your retention will go down. we figure the reason is that some guys will like the OTHER site better - the one you cross sold them. so they'll keep that membership and not yours. when we had a prechecked cross sale on the page with a VERY unrelated niche, pretty close to 100% of the guys unchecked it.

maybe rand can help us out - when a surfer joins using a prechecked cross sale on a join page, does he get a welcome email for cross sold site as well?