Thread: Paypal scam?

Ounique

Paypal scam?

Anyone here getting an email, supposedly from Paypal, but it looks like a total scam? It's probably a virus email but I was just wondering if it was a big thing or just me. LOL! Thanks.

i get it every day, many times. also citibank.

it's not a virus - they try to get you to input your username and password for your accounts. they can drain you dry in minutes.

Takemytaco
    I get those citibank - bank trust - And my first wellsgargo.

I reported the wellsfargo one

Ounique
    Originally posted by basschick
    i get it every day, many times. also citibank.

it's not a virus - they try to get you to input your username and password for your accounts. they can drain you dry in minutes.
    I've gotten them before, but this one was really wierd. The background was yellow and it looked absolutely nothing at all like a Paypal mail. Geeze.

There is a new email worm circulating that is activated by clicking a link (as opposed to opening a file)

--------------

Some of the e-mail transmissions appear to be from PayPal, the online payment system that is part of eBay Inc. (Research). The text of the e-mail includes the following:

"Congratulations! PayPal has successfully charged $175 to your credit card. Your order tracking number is A866DEC0, and your item will be shipped within three business days.

"To see details please click this link."
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Ounique
    Yep! That be the one. I've been deleting them as fast as I get them. Ugh!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I hate that the internet can be so easily accessed and used by scammers.. shoot them all i say

Regards,

Lee

rick
    I get a ton of phishing emails. What I did was set up a gmail account solely for PayPal, so if they ever truly do email me, I'll be more apt to believe that email than anything sent to my general emails. Of course, I always check the source code to see where the link truly goes to, as well as where it originated from.

BT
    Its kinda like the Chase bank scam.. Now those fuckers are idiots. :bush:

Ounique
    If I'm ever in doubt I would just go to the actual site on my own and look for any account info. Never follow a link to your private stuff from any email, ever. If the site will send you an email, they will have flagged your account first.