Thread: pissed off at the south - funny!

pissed off at the south - funny!

http://www.fuckthesouth.com/

wow, this guy should be a fucking poet! he says what so many of us liberals are thinking, but he says it with such style *LOLOL*

Scorpio
    hahah love that part:

But two guys making out is going to fucking ruin marriage for you? Yeah? Seems like you're ruining it pretty well on your own, you little bastards. Oh, but that's ok because you go to church, right? I mean you do, right? Cause we fucking get to hear about it every goddamn year at election time. Yes, we're fascinated by how you get up every Sunday morning and sing, and then you're fucking towers of moral superiority. Yeah, that's a workable formula. Maybe us fucking Northerners don't talk about religion as much as you because we're not so busy sinning, hmmm? Ever think of that, you self-righteous assholes?

yeah, that was one of the best parts

Jasun
    http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...&threadid=6193

hmph. [exit Jasun feeling like nobody ever listens to him]

hehehehe

OK.. no really..

I think that's better every time I read it. I do hear people from the South telling me that they're all not like that, but you know what? you gotta scream louderm then... how come we never heard from you guys durring the election?

desslock
    Don't go overboard, and look at what you are saying. The South consists of eleven states. That is all --- only eleven states.

The South is not Arizona. It is not Ohio. It is not Iowa. It is not North Dakota.

Oh - the reason Bush won the election is because of the Hispanics. He increased his vote from that group from 30% to well over over 40% this election. The religious conservatives turned out, but the hispanics are the big news of the 2004 election.

The latino vote is what gave Bush Florida, New Mexico and increased his margins in Arizona and Texas. Bush won the South in 2000 - the Hispanics are the ones who gave him this substantial historical margin of victory.

Why don't you all start writing poems called "f**k the Hispanics" ? well obviously that would be stereotyping....

But then isn't that what people are doing to the individuals in the original eleven Southern states?

Steve

Jasun
    desslock, I think you kinda missed the point of the rant.. it wasn't really about the election so much as how the South is always down on the original 13 colonies.

The South has a way of being very hypocritcal about things, whining about high taxes when they get more than they pay... complaining about how Hollywood encourages teen pregnanacy when they have a higher rate than California and New York or blaming the failure or marriage on Massachusetts when they have a higher divorce rate themselves.

It didn't really go into the elections or Republicans much at all..

The south forgets that it was New England that made America, not the South, but the South seems to always be telling the North how they should live.

That's what that was about.

desslock
    you know, I love going back and forth with you! You say these things that just make my eyes roll. I'm just trying to get people to think a little here about what they say.

Yeah I know there is hypocrisy, but gee wiz. Hypocrisy is everywhere, and the intolerance to gay marraige is not by any means confined to the South. For example California defined marriage as heterosexual via referendum a few years ago.

Yes, we both know how frustrating heterosexuals can be, and how we need to slap them sometimes to get them to open their eyes. I happen to think that marriage or domestic partners will become universally accepted over the next 10 to 20 years. Hopefully sooner. In the marketplace of ideas, we will eventually win because our ideas for equal rights are the right ideas.

Steve
    :biker:

Xstr8guy
    That was so beautiful, I almost cried (when I wasn't laughing).

Desslock does have a point, though... it should be called "Fuck the Red States", unless you want to include the Southwest and Mountain states with the south. But the analogy still works, because the liberal Midwest states (like MN and IL) also fund the red states with their taxes.

Can you imagine what would happen if the red states and the blue states split up the country? I don't think either would want Texas, so we can just give that back to Meixico. States like Mississippi, Alabama and Louisana would slip back into the dark ages... dirt floors, no electricity, no education, slavery, etc. It would be NUTS!

Jasun
    Meh.. I don't hear ranting from Missouri like I do from the Southern States.

Of course, I generally try to ignore people that irritate me.