Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Ex?

Darren Austin

Your Ex?

What do you do when you have heard so much about your partners Ex, then finally one day you meet and you realize that they are almost a duplicate copy of you?

The question?
    How do you handle the fact that you and your partners Ex are almost the same personality?

Ounique
    That's easy. You kill him and bury him in the back yard. The world simply cannot handle two Darren Austins. There's just not enough fabulous to go around. LOL!!!

TopBucks_Juan
    That has happend to me...& all you do...is realize...He's my man now!! Bitch Stay Away!!!

Benoitlc666
    I'd say my ex is confused and consistant.

Darren Austin
    So this would not be a bad thing then?
    Juan , that was a very good point that you made!!
    I think it would be hard to accept that and try to move on , I would be bothered.

Jasun
    I haven't had a lot of boyfriends.. but the last guy who's ex I met was totally nothing like me at all.. he was a nice guy (that's a lie.. he was a jackass), but a complete 180 from me. He was uptight and conservative. He liked dance music. He was afraid of Motorcycles... anything with an engine other than a hair dryer, actually.

He had clothes that allowed him to brag about where he got it and how much it cost him.

He knew the names of fashion models and designers.

He had a mirror in every room of his apartment.. even the kitchen.

He didn't like me at all.. after I left, he said i was a "Freak".

I think that guy was going out with me because i was nothing like anyone he'd ever met before.

But he was a goof too, and I eventually came to my senses and kicked his ass to the curb.

And then promptly broke into his apartment and cut the crotches out of all of his pants.

Chipmunk
    Originally posted by Ounique
    That's easy. You kill him and bury him in the back yard. The world simply cannot handle two Darren Austins. There's just not enough fabulous to go around. LOL!!!
    I have to say I agree with Don...
    Darren:
    Try listening to the Guns N' Roses Song "I used to love her" but replace her with him.. It will all make sense!

-=Chipmunk=-
    Your favorite Straight Dating Expert!
    :evil:

Darren Austin
    Originally posted by Jasun
    I haven't had a lot of boyfriends.. but the last guy who's ex I met was totally nothing like me at all.. he was a nice guy (that's a lie.. he was a jackass), but a complete 180 from me. He was uptight and conservative. He liked dance music. He was afraid of Motorcycles... anything with an engine other than a hair dryer, actually.

He had clothes that allowed him to brag about where he got it and how much it cost him.

He knew the names of fashion models and designers.

He had a mirror in every room of his apartment.. even the kitchen.

He didn't like me at all.. after I left, he said i was a "Freak".

I think that guy was going out with me because i was nothing like anyone he'd ever met before.

But he was a goof too, and I eventually came to my senses and kicked his ass to the curb.

And then promptly broke into his apartment and cut the crotches out of all of his pants.
    WOW,
    Ok first of all I am flying you to Charlotte to be a guest on the Darren Austin Show. Second, GOOD FOR YOU GIRL , cutting crotches out of the pants, that was GOOD! Evil but Good.

Second , did I date this guy?

TopBucks_Juan
    Originally posted by Darren Austin
    I think it would be hard to accept that and try to move on , I would be bothered.
    See, the thing is Michael is very good friends with his Ex's. It bugs the shit out of me. But I have learned to accept the fact that they are going to stay friends. We have his most recent Ex over for dinner at least once ever 2 months. There is nothing you can do about it. You just have to show your man that you love him more than words can say...:love:

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Hmm, I wonder why the first relationship ended?

If he replaces guy1 with guy2 who is just like guy1, would the same things go wrong again? or is he trying to revive guy1? The good thing is that if you ARE a lot like the last boyfriend and you know what went wrong in that relationship, you can steps to avoid the same thing happening again!

I can't believe that there is another man out there that is nearly as fab as you Darren!!

XXOO
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Felix

Dear Abby

If you find yourself in a situation and find out your boyfriends ex is your evil twin, dont be too alarmed. It is very common for someone to date the same person just a different face. That happens w/ alot of people. We fall into these paturns. Think back to your ex-boyfriends and see if they all have something in common or the same interests (aside from yourself) LoL. But the more you hear about this ex-boyfriend, find out what about that person they didnt like and take a look and see if you fall under those categories if not then you worry too much, but if you fall under too many of them then you need to see where that will take you in the long run. Communication is the important thing. If your partner is just bitching cause the relationship bombed then he hasnt entirely let go of it.:kitten:

Jason
    ugh...

You would have to present me with this existential hypothesis on a Monday wouldn't you...way to be provocative DA. Wasn't there a Jerry Springer episode on this somewhere???

So...if I met my bf's ex and he appeared to be just like me...
    I would want to know how and why they broke up! I mean, am I going to be simply a repeated pattern? I'd certainly examine my own attraction to my bf in relation to my ex's and look for the similarities to be aware of any mistakes I may be repeating. But isn't that natural for most relationships at some point or another?

I've always been an extremeist and, true to form, every time my bf does anything that slightly reminds me of my psycho-fucked-up-wish-he-were-dead-ex-from-hell I go off the deep end. My current bf has actually been very patient and understanding. He knows too, that my problems with my past are MY problems, mostly shame at having stayed with the bastard for so fucking long. (really, I'm not bitter)

So now that I've passed on my neurosis to you DA, aren't you glad you asked? Seriously though, here's some good advice that my mother gave me once on relationships:
    "Every couple is different and each make their own relationship. Remember that."

XOXO
    J

Jasun
    Second, GOOD FOR YOU GIRL , cutting crotches out of the pants, that was GOOD! Evil but Good.
    Well.. he told me that I was "Over weight and unattractive"

So he had to pay.

Darren Austin
    Originally posted by Jason
    ugh...

You would have to present me with this existential hypothesis on a Monday wouldn't you...way to be provocative DA. Wasn't there a Jerry Springer episode on this somewhere???

So...if I met my bf's ex and he appeared to be just like me...
    I would want to know how and why they broke up! I mean, am I going to be simply a repeated pattern? I'd certainly examine my own attraction to my bf in relation to my ex's and look for the similarities to be aware of any mistakes I may be repeating. But isn't that natural for most relationships at some point or another?

I've always been an extremeist and, true to form, every time my bf does anything that slightly reminds me of my psycho-fucked-up-wish-he-were-dead-ex-from-hell I go off the deep end. My current bf has actually been very patient and understanding. He knows too, that my problems with my past are MY problems, mostly shame at having stayed with the bastard for so fucking long. (really, I'm not bitter)

So now that I've passed on my neurosis to you DA, aren't you glad you asked? Seriously though, here's some good advice that my mother gave me once on relationships:
    "Every couple is different and each make their own relationship. Remember that."

XOXO
    J
    I love this part "Every couple is different and each make their own relationship. Remember that."
    Jason that was AWESOME!!!!!

I know why they broke up , it was 4 years ago

Anthony
    Hey Kids,

Excellent question Darren!

I can say without a doubt that I am nothing like my partner's ex's.

One, I'm the tallest and just overall largest of any of them. Well, I was when we first started dating and I was lifting.

Two, I'm the first partner outside of the caucasian race.

Third, I'm good in bed. Let me dream...

Fourth, I'm damn good looking.

Fifth, I forget what fifth was for cause my ICQ went off.

Anyways, welcome me. My first post!