Thread: Ohio Statewide Vote Recount to go through After All

Jasun

Yeah Ohio Statewide Vote Recount to go through After All

So Let's cross our fingers. Not that I have to tell you, but if the recount came out in Kerry's Favour, He'd be given the election. And we'll have a new president.

And the fun Irony would be that Dubya would have gotten the highest popular vote ever, and still lost the election.
    ===============================
    http://www.wcpo.com/news/2004/local/11/16/recount.html

A statewide recount of the presidential vote appears inevitable after a pair of third-party candidates said they have collected enough money to pay for it.

The recount would be conducted after the election results are certified in early December.

Libertarian Michael Badnarik and the Green Party's David Cobb said on Monday they raised more than $150,000 in four days, mostly in small contributions.

Ohio law requires payment of $10 per precinct for a recount, or $113,600 statewide.

Badnarik and Cobb said they aren't trying to overturn President Bush's 136,000-vote victory in Ohio, but just want to ensure that all votes were counted properly in the face of concerns about Election Day irregularities.

"Our bottom line is to stand up for the integrity of the voting process because the voting process is the heart of the democratic process," said Blair Bobier, spokesman for Cobb.

Bobier said it will be worth the price to ensure the final outcome can be trusted.

Carlo LoParo, spokesman for Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell, said the actual cost to county election boards combined will be about $1.5 million.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Interesting stuff for sure.

Wonder how much more media attention this election will get because of this across the globe?

Regards,

Lee

intesting. so far, this is unreported anywhere else i am looking. no one till now had mentioned that someone had to pay for this recount besides the federal government.

dont be jealous becuase i'm beautiful, be jealous because i just fucked your boyfriend
    If the recount is after the election is certified.... then it doesn't matter if kerry comes out on top.... the results are already in. the only hope would be that a senator disputes the results...and then congress would have to vote on who the next president would be....no way a republican congress would vote against W.

RainGurl
    interesting stuff, jasun, where did you find it?
    has the election been certified? i remember hearing that Ohio would not be counting the absentee ballots until 11 days after the election. that would have been saturday... maybe that count has something to do with it?

Jasun
    I found it listed on the Drudgereport.

If you do news searches, it's there.. but buried under reports of marines killing unarmed wounded men in Mosques and Iraqi/Irish women being executed for no apparent reason.

This world is becoming more and more fucked as time goes on.