Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Max Pixels high?

Xstr8guy

Is Max Pixels high?

Do any of you shop for content at Max Pixels. I have purchased from them in the past, but their prices are quite expensive... $100 for a 9 minute video clip!?

Also, when you visit the site and click 'new sets'... and if they haven't added anything in a couple weeks, their site shows nothing listed. Wouldn't you think they would keep the most recent sets listed until they had something newer to list? The site has a 'neglected' feel to it. Do they still have an affiliation with Matrix content?

Dzinerbear
    I've never purchased anything from them personally, I always found their stuff was really expensive.

Dzinerbear

randy
    Hey xstr8guy,

I will answer your questions and give you an idea on our biz plan.

I started Maxpixels 3 years ago when there was only a handful of gay content providers in the industry. From the beginning we wanted to have the best gay content in different niches from twink, asian, ebony, muscle and hardcore. We have over 25 different photographers and videographers and well known studios providing content. Content is updated 3-4 times a month with both video and photography content. In other words we didn't want to throw up a site and add content once every year and half. Our content ranges from print quality to very amateur to meet the needs of our customers. And I feel we do a great job in doing that.

When it comes to price we do not dictate the price of content to our distributors. We suggest prices but ultimately it is their content and we let them determine the price.

There are many reasons why Maxpixels charge more for video then other companies.

1: We have never wanted to sell our content to everyone. Why should a members area for a paysite have the same content that has been passed around the internet again and again. The reason to get your members back is to show them something that they have not seen before. Price often helps keeping that content fresh for the people who are serious about updating content. Yes it costs more but when trying to retain members it helps significantly. The cheaper the content the more people that have it. We would rather charge a bit more and keep our content semi exclusive then sell the same clip over and over again right out of the gate. It keeps our best customers happy.

2: Our videos come in 4 different formats quick time, windows media, real player, and MPEG in THREE different sizes low, med and high bandwidth. You get a trailer, full video and 1 minute clips, screen caps and thumbs. In other words we give you a complete package like no one else. This is a lot of work for a webmaster to do at home especially if he does not know how or have the time to do it so we make it easy.

3. We have a wide range of prices for every pocket book and we will work with any webmaster as long as its reasonable. We also will offer discounts on bulk purchasing as well and on older content. My staff really does try to work with every webmaster and keep them happy.

You are right about having a blank page but sometimes it updates before we have all the content ready to go up...rendering so many video clips every week is a ton of work and we do our best but sometimes it updates and we have not completed all the videos set to go up. If you do a "sort by date" on the site you can see all the latest content.

I hope this answers all your questions and you can always hit me up I will be glad to answer any other questions you have.

JustMe
    Greetings:

I've been doing business with MaxPixels the last few months.

As most of you know by now, I'm new to this business, so one of the first things that I did when I decided to make a pay site, was to compile a list of content providers for "filler content". All the usuals that you all know found their way on this list. At first, I thought very similarly to the way you do "damn these guys are expensive"!

But, what I've found so far is that I can use the content that I buy from there for more than just filler. Unlike a lot of the "cheaper stuff" you see on sites like Ounique (no rags to Ounique, LOVE the site and the content they provide, and LOVE their prices!), you won't see a lot of MaxPixels stuff thrown up on TGP galleries or AVS sites. Why? For the simple reason that it IS a bit more expensive, and people don't want to "waste it" on those types of sites.

I agree with what he is saying, when I buy content from them I do feel like it's "semi-exclusive". While it might not "officially" be such, it does seem to have far less saturation than content from some of the cheaper sites does.

Just my 0.02 cents, take it for what it's worth, erm, just about two cents....

Dawgy
    generally speaking, you get what you pay for.

I'd rather be whole, than good
    We've been using Maxpixels content for about 2 years and it's been consistantly amongst the highest quality available within the network of gay vendors. It's certainly done the job for us.

As Dawgy says - you get what you pay for. You need to know where to use it and you can't expect to pay discount rates on premium product.

But I STILL wish I could get that bastard car dealer to sell me the Carrera for the price of the Hyundai...keep on haggling...

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    A view from the inside the out.

I too have been a long time MaxPixels customer from back in the day when I was a newbie webmaster. Today, PrideBucks and BoyContent are somewhat similar to BlueLoot / MaxPixels in that we both shoot exclusive content for our paysites and have content stores.

Bottom line on content...the less exposed it is, the better it converts and will make you more money in the long run.

When it comes to video content, it's impossible to imagine how much time it takes in editing to put together a hot trailer. Just the mechanics of reading the file in, editing, chopping and encoding for the different platforms is tedious, time consuming and not something just anyone can do.

Editing and encoding is just one of the hidden costs of content. The money to run ads, the amount of time spent on the phone fielding the calls, the hours and hours reduced to idle for models that don't show for interviews and photoshoots, the rising fees talent is demanding these days, the location, wear and tear on the equipment...there is quite an outlay of cash and time on a producers part before one image or one frame has even made to anyone's monitor. Yes, that is all costs of doing businesses for content like this. It's far different that old, saturated content that has been used so many times and is so old, it's long ago paid for itself so it can be "given away" now.

Like a producer setting their prices for a return on investment, so must a wembaster. For paysite owners, content in the member's area that can be seen for free in TGP's etc is a sure way to get your members to hit the cancel button before their first rebill.

Dawgy said it perfectly...you do get what you pay for.

And that's my .02!
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com

Dzinerbear
    Hey Harlan,

I was going to e-mail you privately, but then I thought I'd ask you publicly and give you the chance to promote Boy Content.

1. I notice that Boy Content has a 40% sale all November.

2. Is that truly every photo set?

3. Is the 40% calculated upon check-out? In other words, the price appearing on the photo sets now is the price before discount?

5. And is the content downloadable?

6. AND WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SHOOT SOME BEARS? Just kidding, well not really, I know my pleas fall on deaf ears, but I figure if xtr8guy and I beg enough, someone is bound to hear us and put us out of our misery. But seriously I really like some of the skinhead-ish types you have, please shoot more.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    Oops...

I didn't know that BlueLoot and MaxPixels were connected.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Again i just have to sing the praises of Maxpixels, we love their content

Whilst it is a little less cost effective than other providers, it definately converts your surfers better

Regards,

Lee

Randy has some of the most superior content available on the market and though I've not purchased any yet, I know that if I ever need to, MaxPixel would be my first choice. The Quality and style of the MaxPixel product far surpasses anything currently available out there for purchase and I like the fact that he's not on a weekly update schedule for his product. When he has something good he makes it available, if not, he waits until he does.

Cheers Randy :high:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    Hey Harlan,

I was going to e-mail you privately, but then I thought I'd ask you publicly and give you the chance to promote Boy Content.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear
    Thanks for the props, Dzinerbear!

Check your private messages!
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com

randy
    Thanks everyone for all the kind words and props it is greatly appreciated!

edk
    And to make things even better! Randy is a great guy to do business with. Don't come any Finer :high: :high: