Thread: AVS - bad

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar

AVS - bad

we just started accepting AVS sites on justusboys and I had to go hunt for some from different AVSes

i am shocked at the quality of these sites. most TGP galleries out there have better content.

the same pixmasters 5000 pics for $79 are on jizzilion sites, even PREMIUM AVS sites

and don't get me started on the amount of content thiefs collecting random photos and slapping a site up.

or the sites that have absolutely no preview pics on the front, not even a sales pitch

that's my rant for now

Xstr8guy
    I agree completely, Jigg! I'm constantly amazed at what is accepted at some AVS's... and apparently they actually sell quite well... because 1 AVS in particular is very protective of some of these webmasters that submit totally crap template sites with ancient content.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Its been this way for AGES hell i can remember when i first started working the AVS model (when it actually could be called an AVS) nothing but the same sites / templates from the same webmasters using different colors over and over again.

Regards,

Lee

i think most of the webmasters are churning out as many sites as possible to get the AVS link list traffic

universalpass
    Agreed, the quality of many of the AVS sites submitted is poor! This is why Universal Pass adds tons of quality content for our surfers! this supplements the often poor submissions.

With that said, we also get some really nice high quality site submissions as well.

Kudos to those webmasters! you are doing an outstanding job, and it makes a difference!

Dzinerbear
    jIGg,

I hear you. At MANcheck we try and keep the crap to a minimum. First of all, I'm always working with webmasters to show them ways to improve their sites. Some listen, a lot just want to pump out as much as they can as quickly as they can.

But MANcheck doesn't list all of the "crappy" sites that are submitted. Some webmasters submit 20 or 30 of these things a day, we don't want our "new" sections inundated with this stuff.

It's unfortunate, a lot of webmasters haven't changed with the times. So many are still stuck back in the times when you could put three pictures on a page and say, "Buy this," and surfers did.

But these days ... it's all about quality.

Dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    Originally posted by Xstr8guy
    ... because 1 AVS in particular is very protective of some of these webmasters that submit totally crap template sites with ancient content.
    I just wanted to clarify this remark. I was most certainly not referring to MANcheck when I wrote this. MANcheck is one of the most reputable and FAIR companies around.

Dzinerbear
    Hey xstr8guy,

I never thought you were talking about MANcheck.

I knows.
    Dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    I know you knew... just wanted everyone else to know, too.

Geesh... kinda Dr. Seussy, huh?

hey that was a nice rhyme