Thread: Cross-Dressing Day?

DigitalJay

Cross-Dressing Day?

The Illinois Family Institute (IFI) received a troubling report yesterday of a grade (and middle) school in Carrier Mills that held an “Opposite Sex” Day in which students were encouraged to come to schools dressed as members of the opposite sex. At least one outraged mother pulled her children out of Carrier Mills-Stonefort Elementary School (kindergarten through 8th grade) after being informed about the cross-dressing day. Carrier Mills is about 45 minutes east of Carbondale.

One school staffer reached by IFI said the school had no radical agenda but was just looking for “something silly for the kids to do.” But Laura Stanley, who has several children at Carrier Mills, was hardly amused. “This is not what I want my son taught at school,” she told me. “Kids are already getting so many confused messages from the culture. Do they need to be further confused about sexuality?”

Stanley said that when she came to the school to sign out her children, she saw one boy wearing a pink mini-skirt that went right up to his behind. Had a girl been wearing the same dress, she said, it would have been a violation of the school dress code.

“This is as wrong as wrong can get,” she told IFI. “When is enough enough?”

Some male students stuffed their shirts to create mock breasts, according to Stanley and an employee of the school who opposed the special day and also spoke with IFI.

The school employee, who requested anonymity, said many students did not dress in opposite sex attire, but added that school administrators asked students to bring in a canned good for charity if they chose not to cross-dress.

Stanley said that after parents complained last year about a similar cross-dressing day, she was given the impression by Principal Charles Parks that it was a mistake and it wouldn’t happen again. Then she received the letter announcing this year’s identical event.

I tried to call Parks but he did not return my call. Nor did Superintendent Richard Morgan .

IFI informed the American Family Association Radio Network about the story, and AFA Radio will air a report on Carrier Mill’s “Opposite Sex Day” this week. AFA reporter Jim Brown told me that Parks refused to answer questions about the cross-dressing day.

Even if the school’s administrators did not set out to advance a gender-confusion agenda, we agree with Mrs. Stanley that telling youngsters to cross-dress--in school of all places--is just plain dumb. Kids are already steeped in false and unnatural sex/gender messages--with female pop stars kissing each other for kicks and “transgender” activists suing schools for the “right” of boys to come to class in a dress. In such an environment, the last thing we need is for schools to promote more confusion about the sexes and gender roles.

In addition, some homosexual men testify that in their youth that they practiced or were allowed to practice gender non-conforming behavior. That’s one reason why transvestites (cross-dressers, usually called "drag queens") are such a visible part of the homosexual male world.

If you still doubt that there is a VERY organized and aggressive “transgender” agenda that encourages the elimination of gender norms, visit Gender PAC’s website at www.gpac.org (WARNING: THIS IS AN ANTI-FAMILY WEBSITE THAT IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN) and get educated on the political/cultural forces that are working to promote aberrant sexual and gender behaviors in this nation.

And guess what? Gender PAC is extremely active with youth across the nation.

http://www.campusreportonline.net/ma...les.php?id=221

What the hell? They just reported about this on the local news, and then noted that the day has been replaced with camo/army day of all things! Am I the only one who sees a huge amount of irony here? :wacko:

Jasun
    Well, Now some Straight people in Texas know what it's like to have the right to be in drag taken away.

OK.. am i the only one who thinks that there are some people that are just fucked?

Apparently, it's a tradition that goes back about 45 years, and it's called "TWIRP" Day, which stands for "The Women Are Asked to Pay". It's like Sadie Hawkins day or something, and girls are supposed to ask guys out. it's not a "Cross Dressing" day like that crazy story reports.. but of course, that story was written by christians, and they're not exactly known for their truth telling.

Nobody in history has ever complained, until this woman who thinks that dressing up in drag makes you gay.

But then.. this is Texas, and aside from Xstr8guy and my BF, I can't think of anyone there with more than two clues.

Here's another story about it with a little less vitriol...

===============================
    http://www.365gay.com/newscon04/11/111704txDress.htm

(Spurger, Texas) A homecoming tradition in which boys dress like girls and vice-versa in a tiny Texas school district won't be held today after a parent complained about what she regarded as the event's gay overtones.

As a substitute for TWIRP Day, the schools ranging from elementary to senior high decided to hold Camo Day - with black boots and army camouflage to be worn by everyone who wants to participate.

TWIRP, which stands for The Woman Is Requested to Pay, was hosted by Spurger schools for years during Homecoming Week - to give boys and girls a chance to reverse social roles and let older girls invite boys on dates, open doors and pay for sodas.

Plano-based Liberty Legal Institute issued a news release reporting it ``came to the aid of a concerned parent'' over an ``official cross-dressing day'' in the school district northeast of Houston.

``It is outrageous that a school in a small town in East Texas would encourage their four-year-olds to be cross-dressers,'' Liberty Legal Institute lawyer Hiram Sasser said in the release

Tanner Hunt, the school district's lawyer, called Sasser's statement ``inflammatory and misleading.'' He said the district never planned or conducted a ``cross-dressing day.''

``They are a tiny little East Texas school district,'' Hunt said.

``It never occurred to them that anyone could find anything morally reprehensible about TWIRP Day. I mean, they've been having it for years, probably for generations and it's the first time anybody has complained.''

Delana Davies, 33, said she complained after reading a school notice about TWIRP Day. Davies, whose nine-year-old son and four-year-old daughter attend Spurger Elementary, said she viewed the day not as a silly Homecoming Week activity but rather something "related to homosexuality."

``It's like experimenting with drugs,'' Davies said.

``You just keep playing with it and it becomes customary...If it's OK to dress like a girl today, then why is it not OK in the future?''

[yeah, asks Jasun... Why is it not OK in the future?]

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Hmm the more i see your new avatar pic Jasun the better it looks

Regards,

Lee

Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake Buck Angel's Avatar
    The thing is that they only freak out about the guys dressing as girls and say nothing about the girls dressing as boys.

I dressed as a boy my whole life even in elementry school and no one ever said a word.But if a boy did that they would freak...This country is so fucked up!

Jasun
    Man, it's so lame... When I was in high school, every haloween, all the football players and hockey players would dress as girls, and nobody batted an eyelash... it was part of the party.

Of course, I dressed in weird clothes and got picked on quite a bit... so it's not like I went to a liberal school or anything.

But people are getting dumber and dumber.

I blame hip hop.

Lara M
    These stories are insane but then again we live in an insane country. If your kids go to school and see boys dressed as girls or vice versa, it is your job as a parent to educate your kids and not to blame everything on other....

I just hate that it is always somebody else's fault and never the parents' fault.

Jasun
    Yeah, but Lara.. seeing people cross dressed doesn't make people gay. That seems to be what this woman's all up in arms about. It sounds more like the parents need more education than the kids.

Besides, being gay and being a cross dresser and very different things.. I've known more than a few cross dressers in my life, and most of them were straight.

Corey Bryant
    I grew up about 70 miles north of Plano. Outside of Dallas - it was a totally different atmosphere. After Texas passed the law about the sex ed books actually stating marriage is between a man & woman, it was only a matter of ttime. I am actually surprised it lasted this long.

Lara M
    Jasun, i totally agree with you, it is sad that people spend most of their time Criticizing and judging others rather than looking at their own families and lives. I have no problems with cross dressers or gays or whatever... if it makes you happy then so be it, as long as you do not hurt others.