Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...

Just wondered what everyone was doing for Turkey day on Thursday?

Gary and I are heading over to mom+dads for the annual family gathering, should be a good time, lots of great food, drinks and company :thumbsup:

So what do you folks have planned for Thanksgiving if you are in the US?

Regards,

Lee

JustBryce
    We are going to do our Thanksgiving on Saturday this year with the family. On Thursday, we are going to be volunteering with the Meals on Wheels program which delivers meals to low-income elderly folks who are for the most part shut-in.

Dawgy
    mcdonalds i guess. or taco bell. whatever's open.

*sigh*

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    i have given up turkey

but not the bread rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy and the stuffing

i've had so much turkey in the past few years i hate it now

Jasun
    Thanksgiving was last month.. where the hell have you people been?

But I always hide in my apartment and take the phone off the hook on any of the holidays where you're supposed to call your family.

I generally jump when the phone rings in December.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    jump?

pah here goes my macho wet dream of Jasun :wtf:

Jasun
    Originally posted by jIgG
    jump?

pah here goes my macho wet dream of Jasun :wtf:
    yeah.,.

I can barrel down the highway on my motorcycle in the rain at night in a pair of jeans, but the idea of talking to my family (all of them at once.. they do party lines.. eesh) makes my blood run cold.

BDBionic
    this is what i did for thanksgiving!

hehehehe

Thurs. I'm headin' over to a friends house for a lil Thanksgiving tradition of ours where a buncha friends with out of state - or in my case out of country - family all gather for dinner. Hopefully it won't be like last year's Thanksgiving weekend, though, where I got the flu.

desslock
    Dawgy

I know what you mean. I have come to dislike the holidays more and more unfortunately. Maybe that will change someday. I think last year I just watched Gone With The Wind on cable. Unfortunately, my family lives out of Texas now, and almost everyone I know here ends up going out of town.

Even going out to the clubs is always the pits on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Everyone is gone. The people who appear are just visiting briefly. So its all weird. And then doing business is hampered because the mail and banks are closed, restaurants are closed, etc. So the end result is a big *bleh*

Interestingly on my cooking website it is the most profitable time of year, so at least business is good. It's weird in that I wish I cooked more like I used to. Yesterday I used two new pie bakers that I bought last weekend in Houston. I made a lemon meringue pie and a buttermilk pie. The first came out perfect, but the second was a little over browned.

Steve

arie and i are vegetarians, but i have found a way bitchin product that browns and tastes awesome - quorn vegetarian roast. i may make some meat thing for my son and my ex husband (i think he's coming over, but he's also a vegetarian), plus stuffing, yams, two kinds of punkin pie, salad, casserole, and all that good stuff.

yummmmmmmmm!!!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Patti..

Personally i prefer the soya over quorn never could get the taste (or texture) of it

Although i have only ever had it once (for the same reason).

Regards,

Lee

maybe it was the way it was prepared... all my meat eating friends love quorn vegetarian roast when i serve it. some even buy it for lunch meat now.

did you try the vegetarian roast, or another of their products? the roast is the best, basted in butter and herbs, then heated and browned.

RainGurl
    my girlfriend had back surgery yesterday, so she'll be in the hospital on Thanksgiving. Her mom and I will be going there for the day. Hopefully she will be able to eat by then, and we'll bring in a meal. I can't really handle the thought of hospital turkey dinner... =(

DigitalJay
    me and my cat will be having baked fish and watching movies.

undermyspell
    I will probably light a fire, watch the Macy's Parade (which i've done my entire life), drink some eggnog and maybe if i'm not too lazy get up and make some dinner for me and my hubby. The kids are going to be with their dad so it will be quiet.