Thread: How vital is bonus material in a members area?

undermyspell

How vital is bonus material in a members area?

Do you need to add a lot of the tack ons or do you think that good content will do the trick for retention? I've gone back and forth with this for some time. It seems like huge sites always have a ton of stuff in them but in my opinion it's overused, outdated and shitty in most cases. I think a good chat feed and message board would perk things up a bit without overdoing it.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    IMHO,

The surfer doesnt join to see the 'bonus' content especially on gay payites, they join to see what you are telling them you have to offer on the tour.

If you tell them that you have 100,000 images of guys wearing leather, make sure you actually do have 100,000 images of guys wearing leather

Regards,

Lee

undermyspell
    I think that will help tremendously Lee. I just want to ensure that they get the most for their money. I think most surfers join for that reason whether gay or straight but I also like to have something to tide them over between updates if they happen to make it all the way through the site.

Any good add ons that someone can suggest that they really like?

Jasun
    I know that it seems every time something changes on a paysite, everyone goes crazy to say that it was the only reason they signed up.

I think if your original content is good enough, the plug-ins are just gravy.

But I find that message boards are good.. people make friends and want to keep their memberhips, so they stay longer.

Dzinerbear
    The other consideration about the bonus content is that there's nothing worse than a surfer logging in to find an empty screen where a "live" webcam supposed to be.

If they keep checking into your bonus content and there are no guys there, then suddenly, it's your fault, or your product is crappy. I think they probably stop looking at it as "bonus" at this point.

Maybe something like SexGaymes from Pistol Media would be good for your members area. They bring out new stuff every couple of weeks. I'm sure Brian will be around soon, OZ should be waking up shortly.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    I use bonus material to get existing members to upgrade to the next level from within the site.

we try to get them in at $9.95 then offer them upgrades. usually this works well as about 95% of members within a month are on the top level membership of $25.95
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by collegeboyslive
    I use bonus material to get existing members to upgrade to the next level from within the site.

we try to get them in at $9.95 then offer them upgrades. usually this works well as about 95% of members within a month are on the top level membership of $25.95
    You need to change the size of your sig dude, unless you would like me to change it for you

You can find our community rules Here

Regards,

Lee

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    oops sorry, i did check the FAQ and didnt see anything in there, maybe it should be added
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

the sites i promote on revshare that rebill the best don't actually offer almost any filler content - just LOTS of content in the niche they promise.

Dzinerbear
    And this is the key, isn't it. If you've got a niche, fill it, keep them satisfied and keep them coming back.

Dzinerbear