Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What the fuck is this???

Jasun
    Oh man.. jIgG, I'd go crazy seeing the same "Boys First Time" content paraded out in front of me every day over and over again.

I don't know how you do it.

robin
    That was definately weird looking...

As for the over used content prob -- I cry and/or hit myself every time I buy a set of photos. Turns out the cute or interesting guys/pics are old/over used.

I'm looking into ways that I can do something about that.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    there isn't much of boy first time anymore
    but TopBucks sites - there are days where I'd have 3 sites with the same content wanting to get included.
    Nothing against sponsor content, but 1) I'm very picky about sites and 2) when the whole index quality depends on you it's hard not to hit Decline and I certainly don't feel bad doing it.

and don't even start me on webmasters who think that if they keep submitting sites that keep getting declined would get them listed

ZeroGalleries
    It's kind of odd that people treat AVS sites like there is no money in them. I don't make alot of sites, but recently I built a nice looking video site for mansites. The content cost me $277. But the first month it made $360 in sales on very little traffic (converting 1:36). But then I'm not building the sites for linkllist traffic :wacko:

Xstr8guy
    Agreed ZeroGalleries. There are still a lot of people making good money from AVS.

There seems to be 2 different types of AVS site makers... bulk (crap) site makers and quality site makers. One is stealing traffic from the AVS's and the other is adding value to the AVS.

I just don't understand why AVS's want the bulk sites on their LL's.

ZeroGalleries
    Originally posted by Xstr8guy
    Agreed ZeroGalleries. There are still a lot of people making good money from AVS.

There seems to be 2 different types of AVS site makers... bulk (crap) site makers and quality site makers. One is stealing traffic from the AVS's and the other is adding value to the AVS.

I just don't understand why AVS's want the bulk sites on their LL's.
    I think it's because most AVS don't want their linklists to look stagnant. If they got rid of the bulk site builders their site lists would look old fast.

It might encourage a few to build better sites, but more likely they'll start doing TGPs or something else cheap. Some people just don't realize that it becomes easier to make money if you spend a little.

Xstr8guy
    The bulk sites seem to be built primarily by webmasters that have been around a LONG time. I imagine that they have so much residual income that they don't notice how ineffective their business model has become.

Dzinerbear
    Hmmm ... maybe I should write an article about this.

However, it strikes me that the people that could benefit the most from it probably don't go looking for articles, they're too busy cutting cookies.

It's too bad they don't get it because there a lot of webmasters making some pretty good money off this model.

Dzinerbear

robin
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    Hmmm ... maybe I should write an article about this.

However, it strikes me that the people that could benefit the most from it probably don't go looking for articles, they're too busy cutting cookies.

It's too bad they don't get it because there a lot of webmasters making some pretty good money off this model.

Dzinerbear
    That's true to a large degree Dzinerbear. But, I think you should do it anyway because there's such a need of some good solid info from people in the know.

As a for instance, there's quite often a lot of thankful posts about really great articles from newbies and oldies alike at YNOT when the author really hits the mark and has provided much need info.

I think such an article would strike a chord so to speak.

Also, as you're with Mancheck the article would probably be useful to the webmasters who go to Mancheck for info about signing up with your service.

Just a few thoughts...