Thread: tested a site on ugas and mansites - the results

tested a site on ugas and mansites - the results

i decided to switch one of my ugas sites to see how it did on mansites. i figured a free join might help sales. i used the same exact tour.

results:
    ugas - 933 join page hits - 14 sales
    mansites - 563 join page hits - 0 sales

each join page hit represents between 5 to 7 first page hits.

so i guess that for some niches, free isn't as important as the page design of the avs and the design of the avs panel on your site.

Xstr8guy
    Thanks basschick... you confirmed my suspicions. I haven't bothered with 'free' AVS's for over a year.

mansites-craig
    Hi Basschick,
    I don't know why you didn't convert. We are currently converting 1/63 for this period, and I know you well enough to know you know how to create a tour.

Not sure which niche you tried, or if it was some other glitch, but everyone else is doing well.

Glad UGAS converted for you, but I know we convert. I have a lot of webmasters who know this as well.

Contact me and we will find out what we can do to rectify the issue and make it right. Look forward to seeing you and everyone else at the show in Vegas, and also look forward to announcing our completely new program.

wow, interesting! Looks like I have to go dig out my UGAS login and start submitting to them instead.

cheers,
    Luke

mansites-craig - like i said, the same exact tour made those exact sales on ugas.

the mansites panel colors and join page colors - sky blue and white - don't exactly scream masculine black bodybuilders.

http://nudemalemuscle.com/black/join.htm

http://www.mansites.com/join.cfm?id=ms37678

these colors and smooth, young latin guys might work great for twink sites but they just don't say sweaty masculine real man to me - or apparently to my surfers. i would never use such colors for a site of this type of niche. perhaps mansites could have someone design panels in various colors appropriate to niches, and join pages with colors - and pics - to match?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Good call on the suggestion for multi-themed panels and join pages Patti :thumbsup:

Perhaps having a join per on a 'per niche' basis would raise signups across the board not just fr those webmasters that do have 'niche' traffic

Regards,

Lee

at least a few color selections, like a black page with white and red writing OR a white page with black and red.

come to think of it, why can't they let us select our colors and guy for the panel AND the join pages? maybe from a selection of 25 graphics they host or something...

mansites-craig
    Hey Basschick,
    Agreed that the colors for the site doesn't meet with your particular niche, and I also agree that we need to have more options on colors, which we can do.

But realize we can't be all things to everyone, and the people we have converting on Mansites.com are the ones who couldn't convert on UGAS.

I will also add, that since you have contated me in the past for help, all you had to do was ask and you would have been helped as well.

I know you mean well, and I appreciate any and all suggestions. I will also hang with our conversions. As a free site our conversions make webmasters money, and our webmasters know this.