Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: >> Congratulations Aly!

I'd rather be whole, than good rand's Avatar

>> Congratulations Aly!

The Team at Epoch would like to say a BIG CONGRATUALTIONS to Aly Drummond who has accepted a new position at AVN to oversee all marketing of the AVN brand as it relates to the online community.

You go girl!

Congratualtions Aly and nice move AVN!

Mr. Roberts knows a winner when he sees one.

You can read the AVN announcement here.

Let the accolades begin.
    --Rand @ Epoch >dot< com
    My AdultWhosWho

Epoch - Since 1996

TopBucks_Juan
    Good Stuff Aly, Congrats...Love ya Girl!!

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    Way to go Dah-Ling! Much success and happiness!
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com

edk
    ALY ! Congrats on the new gig :high:

randy
    Congrats Ally!

RainGurl
    congrats, my friend. i wish you the best, as always.

JustBryce
    You are going to have a blast! Good move AVN!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Congrats Aly :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

I'd rather be whole, than good
    You're the queen of the spin Aly! That's awesome news!

Aly_AN
    HUGE THANKS to you all!

Rand... you rock.

Now that I've infiltrated this fine establishment, it's my intention to make sure that all products, AVN/ Internext/ GayVN and so on, accurately reflect what YOU want! So hit me up and tell me your issues, gripes, concerns, suggestions and praise! I WANT to hear from you about all of this.... aly@avn.com

THANKS AGAIN!

:biker:

Aly..

Im going to change your old username to this new one for you

Password will be the same as it is now

Regards,

Lee

Originally posted by Aly_AN
    So hit me up and tell me your issues, gripes, concerns, suggestions and praise!
    Okay well as you asked

This being the first Internext Expo we are sponsoring as a company i have to say so far, im pretty pissed about how long it takes to get stuff done. That leaving out the fact that we had to spend an addition $3000 for a booth we had absolutely no intention of using just to be able to hold the Gay Webmaster Bash events.

But anyway i digress..

Takign the booth issue out of the equation, even something that should be as simple as booking a room to hold our events in was more difficult than performing brain surgery, with both hands being tied behind your back.

Having to speak to the catering department at the hotel to have them fax us over a form to fill in, which we have to fax to AVN, which AVN thn has to fax to the hotel then the hotel has to contact us.. bear in mind, this is even before we have been told how much anything is going to cost.

Now at least the hotel and AVN have spoken to each other to confirm we are sponsoring Internext, you would think it should be plain sailing right? if only i were so lucky.

We then have to wait 2+ weeks for someone at the Mandalay bay to even call us about what our funtions entail.. bear in mind, we have already sent them the info once by fax. Next it comes to sorting out the rooms for the 6 events..

I spoke to the woman in the Mandaly Bay catering department, told her what we are planning on doing [again] and it comes to finding out about room space, she tells me that it would take an hour or so to get the room allocations which im not to fussed about, i know there is a lot to plan amongst all of the other events happening in Vegas.

Anyway, a day later i get an email from the Mandalay Bay saying that we cant have any rooms because we arent sponsors of Internext.. [perhaps she missed the 3 faxes and the 2 phone calls from both myself and AVN telling them that we are?] anyway we clear the fact we are event sponsors up and get to booking the rooms but, wait for it, here is the kicker..

She needs to 'release' the rooms to us via Rose Tours [who we havent booked anything through and probably never will] so that another 4 days waiting for Rose Tours to get their shit together.

In the meantime, im waiting on catering menus so we can get the meal events ordered as well as the food for the after hours suites.

Anyway, we finally get the menu stuff sorted out for the 3 meals and all that is left is the 3 after hour suites, no big deal except that we still havent been given full costs for the after hour suites and all we had up until this afternoon for the cost of the 3 sponsored meals was th amount of our deposit that has to be paid by next Tuesday.

All in all, i can honestly say, right now im not to happy about how our first sponsorship of Internext went and i seriously doubt that we will be sponsoring Vegas in 2006.. its just to time consuming and nobody has their shit together.

Anyway as i said at the start of this post, you did ask and you know im usually quite mellow

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    Wow! What a blast from the past. I open up my e-mail and find a picture of this woman staring back at me. I know this woman, I think. I start tracing back through my memories ... sure enough, it's Aly Drummond. I used to know Aly over a decade ago when she lived in Toronto, in fact, she lived on the same street as I do now and she and her then-partner used to come into the video store where I worked. And her then-partner and I both wrote for the same newspaper.

Great to hear from you Aly.

About AVN. I have to say that I'm always disappointed that seminar schedules aren't posted well in advance of the show.

http://www.internext-expo.com/semina...riptions.shtml

There shouldn't be a "coming soon" a month before the conference. And it was the same for Florida. There was actually some discussion about whether MANcheck was going to go to Florida afterall and I remember having to try and track down seminar agenda to see if it was actually worthwhile. It's hard to sell your boss on a "coming soon."

I'm sorry to say that really got more info about the whole Vegas event from the Gay Webmasters Bash site.

Good luck in your new job.
    Cheers
    Michael

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    Congrats Aly! Couldn't have happened to a nicer lady. :angel:
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

Congratulations on the new job Aly! I'm sure you'll do great!