Thread: Cancling a sale on Neova.net

JustBryce

Cancling a sale on Neova.net

We join other sites all the time to see what others are up to or to review the sites for our own visitors. After years and years of joining sites though, we had never seen this before.

We cancelled the membership to a gay membership site that uses neova.net. We were surprised to see that they cut off your access after you cancel even though you paid for it!

We went in today to cancel a subscription that is set to expire on: 27 Dec 2004 and got this message:

After you cancel your account you will no longer have access to the site! If you still want to access this site until the end of your subscription exit your browser now. You will be notified 2 days prior to rebilling via email as a reminder. No refunds are issued for unused service.

I've never seen anything like that before. Giving users only a 48-hour window for canceling seems like a recipe for disaster. What if they don't get the email because they are on vacation or because their spam / junk filters don't allow the 2-day notice email through?

…interesting business model with the possibility for interesting repercussions.

TwinkCasting
    *Wow* - that's pretty shitty huh?

Hey, I learned a long time ago that not everybody in this business is good people. In fact, I've had my share of bad experiences - most of you probably have.

I wonder if you contacted the webmaster of the site if they would work with you on this? Worth a try huh?

JustBryce
    Yeah, I personally don't care. I was just suprised. Since the purpose of buying the membership was research, I would say that I got my money's worth, .

BDBionic
    Yeah that just sounds like a buncha chargebacks waiting to happen.

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    i am curious to know what site that was, cause we use neova and the system sends our database a notice of the cancellation but dosnt kill access till their time is up.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

JustMe
    Greetings:

Originally posted by collegeboyslive
    i am curious to know what site that was, cause we use neova and the system sends our database a notice of the cancellation but dosnt kill access till their time is up.
    Same with me. I wonder if this is funkyness on the webmaster's part, neova's part, or ???

JustBryce
    Well, since you asked.. it was collegeboyslive. I wasn't going to call anyone out on the rug

I didn't figure it was you guys so much as it was the IPSP. You may want to do a test transaction and see how they handle it.

So you may want to do a test transaction and test their system. Because Neova.net is telling upir customers that they will immediately loose their access if they cancle.

Cheers!

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    Ahh, I will call them today, as that is definatly NOT the case, we handle access in house and the system dosnt turn them off till their account expires. I will defintly get them to change the wording of that e-mail, I am wondering if thats a standard form mail they send out.

Thanks for letting me know.

zac
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

I had this problem before and it wasn't my processor, it was the MYSQL database. A variable was off and the fields were wrong so it wasn't acknowledging the expiration date, so when a customer would cancel, it would cancel them immediately, but when their membership was to expire, it wouldn't. So I'd get emails saying a membership expired right when cancelled and then get emails saying their membership was expired but they were still getting access!

Finally fixed it but was difficult to figure out. I went back and forth with my processor thinking it was them! Then I finally found out it was me :wtf:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    It kind of makes you wonder what else is happening 'behind the scenes' that we arent aware of with the processors.

Regards,

Lee