Thread: Thanksgiving death

jhussher

Thanksgiving death

My roommate, a gay man with AIDS, just lost his boyfriend/domestic partner on Thanksgiving Day. I rent out part of his house from him for my operations. He lives on a SSI Social Security disability check of about $550 / month. He just went into debt of about $2000 for the cremation and associated expenses. His boyfriend died in his bed with my roommate Thanksgiving Day, of AIDS PCP pneumonia.

I have been struggling to make extra money to help him out.

Imagine waking up with your spouse dead in bed beside you. On Thanksgiving Day.

I have set up a fund to help him, just Paypal to webmaster@cyberhostserver.com

or epassporte to flashcash_wm18761

Put in a note that it is for the Joseph Mcgovern Memorial Fund
    Half of the proceeds will go directly to my roommate, half will go to AIDS Project Florida (APFL).

bluequartz
    umm yeah that is terrible but why does everyone have to send money.

money aint going to fix jackshit

if he needs money then he can start werking liek the rest of us - unless his disabilty means he is blind and limbless.

and

i hope plenty of good karma comes your friends way thats what he needs - not money

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    arent there funds in So Fla setup for that type of thing to help people? I thought the local gay organization raises money for HIV+ people

and what is it with gay guys who fuck around and get HIV collect their money from the gov't and keep doing nothing?

this guy I know and a bunch of his friends most HIV+ do nothing but collect money from the government and party all the time spending $300 a weekend on clubs and shit

bluequartz
    Originally posted by jIgG
    arent there funds in So Fla setup for that type of thing to help people? I thought the local gay organization raises money for HIV+ people

and what is it with gay guys who fuck around and get HIV collect their money from the gov't and keep doing nothing?

this guy I know and a bunch of his friends most HIV+ do nothing but collect money from the government and party all the time spending $300 a weekend on clubs and shit

well he does say the guy only gets 500 a month or soemthing

im not in the scene so I dont really know but I still think that us sending money aint the answer

desslock
    Originally posted by jIgG

It is called the psychology of victimology. It pervades gay life in many areas. Pick up a gay newspaper. You are victim of something. Lots of people just only think of themselves as victims, and that is very clear in the cases you describe.

I also happen to believe that this attitude is actually more self-destructive then HIV itself.

But anyway.... let's not move down a philosophical tangent.

Steve

PS: My condolences to jhussher for your unfortunate events over Thanksgiving.

bluequartz
    mindpower babay!!

hey this emx sponsor? anyone using it?

Xstr8guy
    This thread could us a little more sensitivity Someone has just died.

Takemytaco
    This is sad

My condolences to jhussher and your friend's family

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Sorry to hear of your friends loss

Regards,

Lee

jhussher
    I appreciate the condolences.

HIV is a disability. The government recognizes it as a disability, that is why AIDS patients can receive Social Security disability payments. Many persons receive SSI checks and they don't necessarily have to be blind or limbless. Conversely, many blind and limbless people lead full and productive working careers and are not receiving disability.

They only get about $500 a month, and I dont know of any AIDS patients who are out partying away $300 a weekend at clubs. The money wouldn't last long. Not to mention, they probably don't have that kind of energy.

I am HIV+ myself. Thank goodness I work at home on my computer as an adult webmaster and can support myself. I know I would not have the stamina to go out somewhere and work a full-time job. Although, being self-employed, I am working 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, in front of this computer (as I know many of y'all are, too!)

BTW, EMX is a good sponsor, run by Toonz, who is also affiliated with Adult revenue Service (ARS). Paying $28 for a free membership signup. I will say no more, just click on my sig and check it out for yourself. They do offer an outstanding MGP gallery creation tool, that adds the recips and all.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Very sorry to hear about your friends loss.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

bluequartz
    Originally posted by jhussher
    BTW, EMX is a good sponsor, run by Toonz, who is also affiliated with Adult revenue Service (ARS). Paying $28 for a free membership signup. I will say no more, just click on my sig and check it out for yourself. They do offer an outstanding MGP gallery creation tool, that adds the recips and all.

ok man I will signup under you

Scorpio
    Sorry to hear about your friend's loss.
    And i have to say that i just read the weirdest and non considerate replies EVER in a thread about death!

Where is the finger smiley when you need it!

jhussher
    Thanks, Scorpio

Mamakity
    Your friends situation; waking to find your partner dead beside you is unimaginable.

I believe the saying is that death is easy for the one who departed but agony for those left behind.

Our thought and prayers this night are for your friend and yourself.

Peace,
    Don and Teresa