Thread: Image Copyright Fines

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Image Copyright Fines

Anyone have the exact cost per image in damages that can be claimed?

I beleive its around the $750 - $1500 mark per image although, i could be wrong on that figure.

Also, how do you work out the cost of a movie for example? Per second?

Regards,

Lee

DrewG
    Lee,

I told you not to let those "boys gone wild" film you and your "mardi gras beads" - you just wouldn't listen. You're SOL now buddy

:high:

Dzinerbear
    Lee,

Here's an article about a Titan judgement. They got $2500 per image, plus $750 per for publicity infringement. I think I read another judgement where they got $1500 per image.

http://www.avn.com/index.php?Primary...ntent_ID=17342

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Our IP attorney advised us to make sure that we actually registered copyrights on everything we put up on the website or publish as a DVD within 3 months I believe it is... that if the copyrights are registered within 3 months of first publication, you can then claim the statutory infringement damages which are much, much greater (something like $25,000 per incident).

I haven't researched this myself to see if it's completely accurate, but I do know that the permissions department of a small record label I used to have some connections with made more money from negotiating settlements with infringers (under threat of enforcing the statutory infringement amount) than they did licensing recordings *prior* to an infringing use.