Thread: Asking for Input/Advice re: Affiliate Program

Asking for Input/Advice re: Affiliate Program

We do not run a subscriber-based paysite; rather we maintain a free site to promote our brand name and market our videos. We used to have an affiliate program that paid a percentage on sales, and that could be redeemed in cash or content. Over the years, though, as websites came and went, so did our affiliates and we are now wanting to create a new program.

Are webmasters still interested in this kind of program?

If so, what features would attract you and entice you to sign up?

We only want to do this if we can do it right, so your honest (brutal, if necessary) feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    Hey Steven,

Honestly, yes, I think people would promote anything that converts into them getting cash. And let's face it, CitiBoyz sells. ;o)

About the content, I don't know if I would promote a site simply to get content. Not with the proces of content currently where they are now. (Being so cheap or free.) For cash I would promote it though. Because the model is not a typical membership format, and more the video store model, I would say take a look at what retail outlets give out to their members to use in promoting their products. From banners, graphics, payouts, ect.

Some of the things that people asked us for when I built JockCash where:

More then one payment option. (PPS or Recuring)
    Who handles stats (in order to know if there may be skimming)
    How can people be paid for their sales (check, bankwire, ect.)
    How much and what type promotional material do you offer.
    How does the tour look, how much is the membership fee.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

desslock
    Hi Steve:

If a studio has a good affiliate program, I'll promote them. In fact, for you guys, I do very well with BoyzParty. That is like a dream come true actually. I would need some convincing to change something that works so well for me.

I take it your question is should you create an affiliate program for people who go in and purchase the DVDs from you directly.
    Well, I've tried that with several studios. I've not sold much. From my view, it is easier to just link directly to your movies in TLAvideo, where they buyer can buy it and purchase even more impulse item add-ons from their dizzying inventory.

The studio affiliate program that works the best for me happens to be with a studio that is like 180 degrees the opposite of Citiboyz, and that is with Raging Stallion Studios. Basically their models have to shave.

Their website product is site memberships to view photosets of the movie models, and watch best-of clips from the movies. They do not stream their entire movies. Pistol Media runs their site and affiliate program, and Brian from there reads GWW. Great guys, all.

Raging Stallion retails their movies through the site as well. Unfortunately, the affiliate does not get credit for it, but I do not worry about that because they sell their stuff at undiscounted retail prices, I guess to not undercut TLAvideo.

I really look hard at a situation where I promote a movie, send the customer to the studio website where the motivated buyer makes a purchase, but it is for one of the things the affiliate program does not give me credit for.

Ideally - the studio would offer one all-inclusive affilaite program that would include credit for site memberships and their ecommerce product sales, and even PPV. A harmonic convergence! And remember your basic sales 101 - make it as simple as possible for the customer to buy. One stop convenience. This is the reasoning for Amazon's "1-Click Shopping".......

I think TLAs commission is a little chintzy, only 13%. 15 or 20 is more competitive, particularly if you are competing with TLAvideo or MovieMountains additional inventory selection. I like MovieMountain because they ship international.

30-60 day cookie duration. Multiple sales from one referral. Don't overwrite the cookies.

Hope that's helpful!

Steve

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    In effect, i wouldnt market it as an affiliate program per say but rather as an upsell afterall, thats really what is happening.

Regards,

Lee

Thank you to all who replied with your thoughtful comments!

Steve