Thread: ppvm email -- Just be careful

JustBryce

ppvm email -- Just be careful

I just received an email regarding the sale of the PPV technology that Sable Productions has. After reviewing the site http://www.ppvm.info we are definitly out of the buying mood. There seemed to be a lot of responses here when the issue was first raised, so I urge everyone to please pay attention to some of the information disclosed on that site... For example: “These numbers were taken directly from personal viewing of the back-end programming of AEBN and at length discussions with several current and past employees of the company.”

Here is part of my reply: "That is a lawsuit waiting to happen... I’m sure AEBN employees sign non-disclosure / non-compete agreements. I was initially worried about patent infringement from the likes of Acacia, but now I have a feeling that AEBN is going to come after this for trade secret violations, too."

If any of you have read through some of the lawsuits filed in this industry like the AC vs CA or CA vs GMP then you will know what I mean. This industry isn't afraid to litigate over former employees disclosing trade secrets. And if AEBN really is clearing 3 million per month, that's not the elephant I want on my back.

My goal isn't to fuck the sale up for them, but if someone here is going thorugh with this, be careful and get a full-accounting from a professional of what you are getting into. From my layman's eyes, i saw red flags. Perhaps they will see this an alleviate the concerns.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Hmm.. Robert Sons trying to screw over a former employer.. who would have thought it? :wtf:

Regards,

Lee

Good advice Bryce. I saw the red flags as well but didn't even consider posting my thoughts on it publicly for reasons of litigation.

Cheers
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Darren Austin
    Than you for bringing this to everyone's attention, that is what it's all about,team work.

I am not surprised by any of this however,
    But the show goes on I guess

NikKay
    Any truly interested party would be able to see the PPVM system does not use any of the same technology used by AEBN. PPVM uses Macromedia Flash, AEBN does not. PPVM has a custom built system that does things entirely different from AEBN; there are many options in the system AEBN does not offer. The only information PPVM has been given is how much money AEBN makes, which isn't much of a secret anyway.

JustBryce
    Thank NikKay, The email made it seem like you knew a lot more about AEBN than just their monthly gross. If I had "seen the back-end programming" it would be hard for me to focus on the total revenue line, which seems like an odd thing to include in the actual programming anyway. Thanks for clearing it all up!

The only reason I said something is because of the kind of history in this industry when former employees of a competitor are interviewed. Actually, you said you had lengthy discussions with current employees too. Well, here's a little story...

There was a big adult company that sued another big adult company a few years back for several million dollars for interviewing their former employees. It was determined that even the way that papers were stacked at the first company was a trade secret. That company won the lawsuit and the judge was so pissed about the company talking to its competitors former employees that he even made them change their name and not exhibit in the trade shows. Ouch.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by JustBryce
    Thank NikKay, The email made it seem like you knew a lot more about AEBN than just their monthly gross. If I had "seen the back-end programming" it would be hard for me to focus on the total revenue line, which seems like an odd thing to include in the actual programming anyway. Thanks for clearing it all up!

The only reason I said something is because of the kind of history in this industry when former employees of a competitor are interviewed. Actually, you said you had lengthy discussions with current employees too. Well, here's a little story...

There was a big adult company that sued another big adult company a few years back for several million dollars for interviewing their former employees. It was determined that even the way that papers were stacked at the first company was a trade secret. That company won the lawsuit and the judge was so pissed about the company talking to its competitors former employees that he even made them change their name and not exhibit in the trade shows. Ouch.
    Indeed.

I beleive the case you were referring to was won because of the Uniform Trade Secrets act which, despite us working in the adult industry still applies.

You can read more about the act here..

http://nsi.org/Library/Espionage/usta.htm

Regards,

Lee