Thread: Google SEO Tool

willwest

Heres A Thought Google SEO Tool

What do you think of Google Rankings new SEO Tool?

willwest
    There is also an SEO site called Li'l Engine that is helpful.

Dzinerbear
    Will,

I think you ought to stay away from stuff like that. I've always been told that this auto-checking stuff will get you into trouble with the search engines.

If you're looking for to get good rankings for your site, why not send me an e-mail. I write SEO reviews for sites, I write hot copy, and my husband actually calls me Google Lord. I'm always looking for content, so maybe we can work out a trade.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

desslock

Re: Google SEO Tool

Originally posted by willwest
    What do you think of Google Rankings new SEO Tool?
    Will

I ran some stuff through GoogleRankings. Interesting. It can be a handy way to analyze a page. I'd use it if it helps you.

Hoever, maybe the Google Lord can shed additional light.

Steve

Dzinerbear
    The problem with some of these things is that one is never really sure if they are following Google's TOS.

Here's some stuff from Google's site itself (http://www.google.ca/intl/en/terms_of_service.html)

Fiction: Automated "ranking checking" programs are a good way for webmasters to save time and measure their "online presence."
    Fact:
    Automated "ranking checking" programs violate Google's terms of service. They use server resources that should be spent on answering user requests. We strongly request that you not use rank checking programs to check your position on Google.

Some stuff is allowed if you have Google's permission, but how can you be sure a specific tool has Google's permission? I never take anyone's word for it, good serps are too important to my business.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I agree that many of the se tools offered can get you into deep doo doo, but that being said the way to check is to get your own api from google, it is free and if you use Keyword Tracking From Here you need to use the api code... this is how G can tell if its kosher and so save you tons of grief.

G allows you to queery them 1000 times so if you use a lot of keywords, you would need to adjust your search down.. for example if you had one keyword phrase then you could check for your position up to 1000 .. 2 keywords would be max of 500 each.. etc..

hth
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

desslock
    True. I shy away from all those automated things. I use the same layouts for a page... but I heavily customize almost every page that I add to a website.

It would seem to me that if 20 pages on a website contain variations in content and code, then Google will have a lot more to do with it. If your 20 pages are 90% percent identical code, and the only differences are a few page labels, jpg images and labels of the jpgs... then that would be perceived by the robots as canned. Potentially canned spam.

Your pages will score better if they were uncanny.

Steve

Dzinerbear
    desslock,
    you have PM
    dzinerbear

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Some interesting information in this thread, thanks for sharing Michael :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

willwest
    Thank you almighty "Google Lord" for sharing your perspective on the SEO topic. I appreciate your words of caution.

And thank you gaystoryman for your comments about using Google's APIs. I signed up to get an API from Google recently but only used it once so far. It is good to know the capability is there although I doubt if I will use it very much.

desslock
    Has anyone noticed that Google did a major ass update on Thursday?

:groovy: :groovy: :groovy:

Steve