Thread: How's Naked Sword doing for you?

Dzinerbear

How's Naked Sword doing for you?

Hey all,

I'm just curious how Naked Sword's doing for everyone since they switched from iBill after the crash.

I'm puzzled about something and I'm wondering if others are experiencing the same thing.

When NS was with iBill, in August I had 1 sale and 5 rebills, in September 3 sales and 3 rebills.

In October I had 17 sales and no rebills and in November 35 sales and no rebills, and so far in December 13 sales and no rebills.

Now, I'm very pleased with the increase in sales, the program's definitely doing a lot better for me over the past couple of months. I'm just puzzled about the no rebill situation.

I'm not making any accusations here because NS has both a monthly membership that rebills and a rent-as-you-go option that doesn't. And I've always found Reena and Holly at NS to be over-the-top helpful and responsive. I couldn't be happier with them as a sponsor, just kind of puzzled really.

The jump is sales also seems to correspond with my introduction of a link list that prominently promotes NS, so maybe that link list traffic is more in-the-moment and looking for a quick one-time jerk kind of thing rather than a monthly membership.

Thoughts?
    Dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    I wonder if your rebills were long-term members that were cut loose when Ibill imploded.

It does seem strange that you've had so many new sales and none of them have rebilled. Can you tell by looking at your stats if they are monthly memberships or pay-per-view sales? What does NS say about this?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Xstr8guy
    I wonder if your rebills were long-term members that were cut loose when Ibill imploded.

It does seem strange that you've had so many new sales and none of them have rebilled. Can you tell by looking at your stats if they are monthly memberships or pay-per-view sales? What does NS say about this?
    That is definately a possibility Xstr8guy, iBill rebills have been screwy for a lot of people although, that wouldnt account for new sale rebills.

Be interested to see what Holly and Reena say about this to as our Naked Sword sales seem to have dropped slightly in the last month or two also.

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    xstr8guy, shit I didn't even think of that. D'oh ... I feel like such a Homer, you'd think I would have seen that one coming.

I'm going to have to dig in the stats area a bit more to see exactly what's selling.

Thanks for helping.
    Dzinerbear

desslock
    For me that program has always been a double edged sword, in many ways.

Do we get credit for eTicket purchases the customer buys after we send them to the website?

Do we get credit if the customer we refer selects the 2000Charge payment processor (non-usa customers)? I've always wondered.

Steve

Dzinerbear
    I took at look at the detailed reporting available in Naked Dollars, and I'm definitely selling the bulk of my memberships as one-time rentals, in fact, I only sold three monthly memberships. I suspect the $39.95 price tag is too high for a lot of surfers.

So desslock, you raise a very good point. Do webmasters get future credit for traffic that they bring to Naked Sword, traffic that might return later on its own and purchase another one-time rental.

On a positive note, I sold twice as many rental memberships through my branded theatre than I did through banners. So for those of you thinking about branded theatres, they definitely work, at least with my traffic.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

NakedMichael

A note from NakedSword

Hey guys,

Sorry for all the confusion -- there will be a larger scale email that will go out to affiliates in the next few days, but I wanted to clear up some questions about NakedSword, iBill and rebill practices on NakedSword.

First, there were some inevitable problems with iBill imploded. Luckily, we were able to salvage a large number of our members (and your affiliates memberships), but it involved requesting each recurring member to resign up, albeit at a slightly discounted price -- you may see this reflected in the other 'recurring' price point rebills.

As far as Epoch, 2000Charge and any other billing processor we use now, affiliates do recieve credit and rebill credit. After the crash of iBIll, we moved all our reporting in-house and have been rigourously going over the purchases to make sure they are credited.

In the last few weeks we have been checking and double-checking our NakedDollars stats. You may have seen numbers change in both positively and negatively as we make sure everyone is being credited for every purchase. Things seem to have settled, but we're still checking our numbers and doing our best to make sure we're paying you out the full amount you deserve.

Hope this helps. And happy holidays.

Michael