Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Forum 2005

willwest

Heres A Thought Phoenix Forum 2005

FYI:
    The next Phoenix Forum is scheduled Thursday, March 31 – Saturday, April 2, 2005. Free registration begins Monday, January 10. The venue changed to the Tempe Mission Palms near ASU in downtown Tempe.

So mark your calendars now. I hope to see you in the Valley of the Sun then especially if I don't make it up to Las Vegas for the Internext Expo in January.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    We will be there :thumbsup:

We're actually sponsoring the event again and have 7 events planned as part of the Phoenix Gay Webmaster Bash looking forward to seeing a lot of the GWW community members at this show it is definately the best show of the year :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    christ cant we get finished with vegas first

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Dawgy
    christ cant we get finished with vegas first
    Well Phoenix is only 3 months away and planning for a show for most companis takes at least 3 months to do so now is an ideal time to mention Phoenix

Regards,

Lee

TopBucks_Juan

Re: Phoenix Forum 2005

Originally posted by willwest
    FYI:
    The next Phoenix Forum is scheduled Thursday, March 31 – Saturday, April 2, 2005. Free registration begins Monday, January 10. The venue changed to the Tempe Mission Palms near ASU in downtown Tempe.

So mark your calendars now. I hope to see you in the Valley of the Sun then especially if I don't make it up to Las Vegas for the Internext Expo in January.

Wow! Thanks Will for keeping us posted.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    I wonder why they moved it? I'll miss the La Posada.

willwest
    I was not involved with the event planning or hotel contract negotiations so I can offer only my speculation. One of the factors may possibly be that the La Posada Resort was recently sold and will be closing sometime during 2005. A developer plans to do a $175 million renovation. Plus it will be joined with the now closed and former Marriott Mountain Shadows resort just to the east of La Posada on Lincoln Drive.

The Tempe Mission Palms Resort is a nice alternate location though. It is in an excellent location with many restaurants and bars in easy walking distance in the Tempe/ASU area.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Our sales rep at ccbill said the La Posada was scheduled to be razed the week after Phoenix Forum, and the Forum would have been the last event at the hotel. They just figured the service would be awful since none of the staff would have any incentive to make it a quality experience, so they moved it... but I think they said they'd move it back when the La Posada reopens.

edk
    Ah, very interesting WIll. I was at the Phoenix Forum last year and the rooms were looking a little rough and dated! Yeah, I couldn't imagine this year if this is the finally year before major renovations. Good Move by The Forum Planners!

willwest
    The annual Phoenix Gay Pride Parade and Festival is scheduled for Saturday-Sunday, April 2-3, 2005. The Phoenix Forum is scheduled for Thursday-Saturday, March 31 - April 2.

So there will be many fun networking opportunities and party options in the Valley of the Sun during this time frame. You may find additional tourist info at the Phoenix Area Visitors Guide and the Arizona Guide to help you plan your trip.

:sun:

Do You Like My Vajeen Kewlaidkiddd's Avatar

Hi Will and Everyone,
    Thanks for the post on the Phoenix Forum. I wanted to take a moment and say hi and introduce myself - I work with AEBN and have acquired the position of Gay Sales Project Manager. I'm still new to the forums and am looking to start posting more here so that I can get to know more people in the industry.
    Though the plan is still in the works - my manager is planning on sending me to the show at the end of March. I'm really excited because this will be the first show I have ever gotten a chance to go to. What is even more interesting is I was talking to one of my clients yesterday about coming to Phoenix and I was going to look into checking out Padlock. I checked out their site yesterday and it looks like a fun place. But back on subject - Any pointers or info anyone would suggest about the show and what all there is to do I would love to know about.
    Thank you and I hope to hear from you guys soon.
    Chris Baker
    Gay Content Representative
    AEBN
    AIM: RavestormEKG
    1-800-628-0241 ext 187
    chrisb@aebn.net

RainGurl
    I grew up in Tempe and the Tempe Mission Palms is in a great location. The Mill Avenue area is packed with dinning, bars, boutiques, etc. There's also a man made lake that you can sail and kayak in... I think its a good alternative to the la posada.
    And I agree, its definitely not too early to start planning for this event.

Sana Chan
    Cool. Maybe I can actually make it to this one. If I can't get up the money I may just have to wait until Florida again. I really need a laptop so my money is heading for that.

willwest

Resgistration is now open

Free registration to the Phoenix Forum 2005 is now open. I look forward to seeing many of you in my hometown.

SoftPT
    Thanks for the reminder....signed up today. I attended this last year for the first time....was the best I had been to!!