Thread: Phoenix Forum + Florida Internext Gay Webmaster Bash Events

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Phoenix Forum + Florida Internext Gay Webmaster Bash Events

Just wanted to get some feedback from those of you who are planning on attending either the http://www.thephoenixforum.com , the Florida http://www.internext-expo.com or both events as to what you would like to see as part of the Gay Webmaster Bash events line up?

Right now for Phoenix we have a pre-show party planned, a happy hour each day from 5-7pm and an evening meal which will be invite only.

Basically the Phoenix events have been put together so as not to cram everything in to one short space of time but allow everyone a chance to mingle and do business however, would this type of format be good to use at the Florida show also or, would you like to see something less 'formal' such as a beach BBQ or a trip to a night/strip club?

Towards the start of January is when im going to start putting our plans for the August show together so if there is anything you would like to suggest for the Florida Gay Webmaster Bash events now would be the ideal time to do so

Bear in mind however, that we do want to keep the GWB events as business orientated as possible, thats what is going to set them apart from the crowd.

So what would you like to see happen in Florida?

Regards,

Lee

blahblahblah2521
    wish i could go, damn it.

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Hey Lee,

Won't be there for Phoenix, but count us in again for sponsorship for Florida mate ;-)

A couple of things I think would be cool for Florida...

Maybe a suite/room open show hours where we (Bash sponsors) could take people to go and talk away from the usual crowds .... tea/coffee, bikkies type arrangement.....

Instead of or in addition to the formal meals and late night hospitality, an earlier "cocktail hour" like you are proposing for Phoenix... you know like 4 or 5pm - to about 7pm drinks and nibbles..

I think you guys have done a great job pulling all of this together, and I'm sure it's all going to be hugely successful.

:biker:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Lindsay..

The suite thing during the day is currently being considered however, until AVN get their thumbs outta their asses and send us some info on pricing we wont know where we stand with that.

We wanted to do an open suite during the day after it was already suggested several times to be done in Vegas.

Im sure something like that will be a possibility in Florida as well as some refreshments etc also in the suite

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    I'm a play-it-by-ear kinda person when it comes to stuff like this. Show up, find out what the day's offerings are, go from there.

For folks such as myself, relatively unscripted stuff works best for me. Offsite events require transporation arrangements be made, be this place at this time to go, stay this long til you can come back. Meh. That's cool for evening events and stuff at night because that's pretty much what people do. At night, parties are the agenda. So there's much more freedom on where to have em and how to schedule them because everyone's already cleared a block of time for 'em and show-functions/seminars/the floor/etc are closed. But earlier and during the day when there's a floor to cruise, booths to man and visit, meetings to be had, and such type specific things filling the schedule, leeway helps.

That suite idea during the day is a pretty suite one (aaahaha! Hrm that woulda sounded better said than typed...)

Dunno how often I'd hit up a happy hour type thing as I like to take late afternoons/early evenings to do work I'm not doing at the office and mellow out a bit before the night time parties. But the option to head somewhere I know a buncha other webmasters will be shootin' the shit and networking and chillin' would be cool, so if it's right at the hotel then that'd make it work best for moi

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Originally posted by Lee
    Lindsay..

The suite thing during the day is currently being considered however, until AVN get their thumbs outta their asses and send us some info on pricing we wont know where we stand with that.

We wanted to do an open suite during the day after it was already suggested several times to be done in Vegas.

Im sure something like that will be a possibility in Florida as well as some refreshments etc also in the suite

Regards,

Lee
    Insert best Monty Burns accent here

Exxccceeellllent.

:biker: