Thread: Personal Emotions + Business

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Personal Emotions + Business

Why do so many in the adult industry let their personal emotions get in the way of business?

Would it not be more practical to keep emotion and business seperate?

Regards,

Lee

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar
    Yup - seems to happen more and more these days - I guess most of us have done it in some small or big way - I know I have in small ways when younger and not so experienced but I guess you learn as you get older and wiser. Its more healthy to not mix business with pleasure.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Xmas and a safe, wealthy and happy 2005.

Lee, you make me laugh and cry at the same time....how can I possibly be emotionless around you, hon? :mental:

cheers,
    Luke

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar
    Luke stop bitching and being a drama queen

cj.
    nice theory Lee, but how does one do that?

And why arent emotions a part of business? they are a part of human beings and human beings run businesses ... show me anyone who you think separates business from emotions 100% & I'll show you them using their emotions in business!!

You do it yourself every time you post a thought provoking thread like this!

I think emotions should be saved for business, and non-business time should be pure peace - from your own emotions and from others emotions.

If business and pleasure didn't go hand in hand, why are we all chatting on this board?

I chat here because I like (an emotion!) the people & have done and will do business with many here in the past or eventually in the future ...

:angel:

Re: Personal Emotions + Business

Originally posted by Lee
    Why do so many in the adult industry let their personal emotions get in the way of business?
    I think it's wise to go with how you feel about a company or person when making business decisions.

Business is based on emotion, and in most cases, happiness. If your subscribers, affiliates, and/or partners aren't happy, then you don't make money, and you wont be happy. In order to make someone happy you have to do things to illicit that emotion. If you're not happy with someone you do business with, you change things.

If someone says to me "You're a bigger idiot than I thought you were." then turns around and all of a sudden wants to do business with me, I'd trust how I felt to make the right business decision.

Here is an interesting CareerOne business article about the workplace and emotion. Interestingly enough, businesses that allow people to act like people, not machines, are more successful and have happier employees. http://www.careerone.com.au/resource...-22549,00.html

Humanitarians, heroes and saints have acted out of emotion to achieve their status. If they hadn't let their personal emotions get in the way, what kind of people would they be? Helping the poor and destitute, or running into a burning building to save a child, are actions based on emotion.

I think logical business decisions based on emotion are normal and a part of good business. If you're afraid to do business with someone because they screw everyone they do business with, then you're making a logical business decision based on emotion.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Originally posted by peterf
    Luke stop bitching and being a drama queen
    Peter, don't get jealous, you know you release the floodgates of emotional turmoil in me!:devious:

This thread is becoming too deep for my brain. Keeping things simple = the simple life = or does it make me a simple person !

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I dunno... for me, the intuition, or "gut feel" I get in talking to someone is often more important in deciding whether or not to to business than any deal in front of my face, so if that's considered "emotions", then I'd never want to take it out of my business dealings.

Likewise, there are generally enough players around that if someone is an arrogant putz I don't like, I can simply avoid that person and find another company offering the same service. And by the same token, I'll do business with someone I *like* even if it's not the very best deal I can get, over someone I dislike... so again, for me at least, the emotions are pretty important to the business dealings.