Thread: Abraham Lincoln Was Gay

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Big Grin Abraham Lincoln Was Gay

(Washington) A new book that claims Lincoln was bisexual or gay has Republicans fuming. The party that is pushing to have same-sex marriage outlawed was seething Monday as the first copies of The Intimate World of Abraham was being rushed to bookstores. After all, Lincoln is regarded as the founder of the GOP.

The book by noted gay author C. A. Tripp lays out the 'evidence' in a tome that is expected to be fodder for heated debate over the next few months. Unfortunately Tripp won't be around to take part. He died shortly after the manuscript was delivered to the publisher.

Tripp was a professor at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University. He previously wrote The Homosexual Matrix and was a researcher for the Kinsey Institute. The Intimate World of Abraham is the result of more than 20 years of studying Lincoln's private life.

Using the methodology of the Kinsey sex-research model he probes Lincoln's personal relations with men and women and concludes that Lincoln was unnaturally uncomfortable around women, never had a love match with Ann Rutledge, suffered through a strained marriage with Mary Todd Lincoln, and had a gay sexual relationship with his longtime friend Joshua Speed.

He also details the relationship Lincoln had with another man with whom he shared his bed, David Derickson, captain of his bodyguards. As well, Tripp describes another lover who said Lincoln's thighs 'were as perfect as a human being could be'.

The book contains a poem discovered by Tripp that was written by the young Lincoln which includes the lines:

Billy has married a boy
    The girlies he tried on every side/but none could he get to agree
    All was in vain he went home again/and since that is married to Natty.

http://www.365gay.com/newscon04/12/122004lincoln.htm

Sorry i just find this so damn funny.

Actually, its pretty much imho akin to the Hitler rumors.

Personally i dont care if he was or wasnt... he is dead LOL

Regards,

Lee

I live in Lincoln's hometown. Here's an actual photo of him at Gay Pride in 1860. LOL.

desslock
    Yes I think that was about that time he famously topped Stephen Douglas.

Gives new meaning to the term "Lincoln Log"

The discussion about Abraham Lincoln's homosexuality is nothing new at all. If you watch any of the C-SPAN Presidents series over the past years the subject comes up.

Steve

edk
    Originally posted by citiboyz
    I live in Lincoln's hometown. Here's an actual photo of him at Gay Pride in 1860. LOL.

LoL, very funny Steven, I would of been all over ABE:elf:

Eddie,

LOL

Steve

PS: Looking forward to working with your new company.. soon!

edk
    Hey Steven :

Ditto! looking forward to working with you and Gage as well !

Happy Holidays :santa: