Thread: So What Are You Up To This Weekend?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

So What Are You Up To This Weekend?

Got anything special planned on Saturday with the family?

I beleive, we're heading down to spend Friday with Garys brother and then coming back early evening getting ready to cook dinner on Saturday possibly for mom+dad and Garys aunt+unlce but nothing has been confirmed for that or, thinking about it, bought for dinner yet LOL

Regards,

Lee

I am planning on cooking a ham on Christmas morning (or maybe Christmas eve) and then taking a huge picnic to the beach if its sunny!

cheers,
    Luke

Corey Bryant
    I would be happy(ier) sitting in front of the TV with beer and watching a football game. But it seems I am supposed to go over to my boyfriend's parent's house (who is not out) for their little get-together. It is OK though - me and his father relax, drink wine and talk about growing up in the South.

Rainbo1956
    Nice thread...there'll be so many different situations/plans...etc...

Growing up in a sterio typical "American Cathlic" family, I'm used to a turkey or a ham dinner during the holidays.

Loads of family gatherings, running back and forth to one anothers family, gift giving, bla, bla, bla...

However, since I've been with my Italian partner, holidays have been a strange trip for me.

There's been no turkey or ham on thanksgiving or XMas...usually we have "'lil chickens" Sambo :chef: (father in-law calls em) and pasta...lot's and lot's of pasta!

Traditions can change...each and every one are so wonderful and unique...but, I miss my ham and turkey :cry:

We celebrate Solstice, so just had our "christmas". As to the traditional christmas day we had hoped to go to my mom's, but with 12-20 inches of snow forcasted between now and thursday, it's hard telling what kind of mess I'll be looking at for trying to drive down there. I'm just hoping most of that storm coming in doesn't land on top of us, but with lake effect it's hard telling what I'll wake up to!

RainGurl
    We're spending Christmas Eve with Grandma, as I have every year of my life. It's really cool as my family has never given me any issues with my gayness, and now my partner's family comes to my family gatherings as well.
    Christmas Day we'll host at our house with presents, food, etc.
    I'm still very much a child at Christmas, wake up at 5 and get everyone up to open presents.
    :elf:

Jasun
    What I do every christmas. I turn out the lights, draw the blinds, yank the phone out of the wall, disconnect the internet, lock my door, hide under a blanket and pretend the day didn't happen.

I'll resurface on Boxing Day.

randy
    This will be a diffuclt xmas this year.

My dad had a stroke this year and we are all thankful he is still with us. Since my mom and dad retired out in the desert 3 years ago from Oklahoma I am the only child that is really close. Since my brothers and sister all live far away and time off during the holidays can be difficult it will be my parents and one of my friends this year.

Its a thankful time and a sad time all at once but I am sure it will be enjoyable.

DrewG
    Originally posted by Jasun

I'll resurface on Boxing Day.
    oh, for the charming and quaint customs of our phlegmatic neighbors to the north....

I'll be picking up my bf from the airport xmas eve, opening presents xmas day, and hanging out with my recently widowed best friend. holidays are rough, no doubt, but a home cooked meal makes everything so much nicer (as does a boyfriend next to you)

Happy Holidays to All

ho ho ho!
    xo
    Drew

Jasun
    Originally posted by DrewG
    (as does a boyfriend next to you)
    Well, if your's kicks you to the curb, you have my number.

It's on the restraining order.