Thread: And I thought hurricanes were bad

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about! BradleyFL's Avatar

And I thought hurricanes were bad

Could you imagine lying on the beach and then boom!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6754820/?GT1=5936

Scary

Bradley

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Hey Babe

Can you hit me up on ICQ sorting out our bar service for Vegas and need some info from you

Regards,

Lee

Mamakity

Re: And I thought hurricanes were bad

Originally posted by BradleyFL
    Could you imagine lying on the beach and then boom!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6754820/?GT1=5936

Scary

Bradley
    I can't imagine either! We get earthquakes and since I moved to San Diego I haven't had to worry about those.

I ICQ a friend of mine in Thailand yesterday to make sure he was ok and he said that yes he was fine but that he has lots of friends that are without homes for sure. Probably many others who perished. The thing he said that really struck me hardest is that had it happened 10 hours earlier it would have been worse as people were celebrating Christmas on the beach.

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about! BradleyFL's Avatar
    This is very true. I wonder what it does to everything living in the ocean? There has to be an underwater cam that caught it somewhere. Could be interesting.

Bradley

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    I just returned from Thailand and Patong beach last week. From what I know of being in Phuket, had it happened 4 hours later the gay beach, as well as the rest of the beach in Phuket, and Patong beach, the predominately gay area of Phuket, would have had a much higher body count of foreigners, gay and straight alike, as the beaches get busy around noon each day. It was an awful awful event, but i can only imagine how much worse it would have been 4 hours later.....kind of makes you wonder about fate sometimes.

cj.
    tombar, you must be feeling pretty lucky right now - go buy a lotto ticket or something ;-)

i have been trying to absorb this **disaster** over the last 2 days with disbelief - until the footage started coming in tonight from home video camera's of tourists who were just kicking back in their hotels thinking 'wow, thats a big wave & the tide is coming in mighty high -i might video it'

23 000 people is the current count.

this has effected so many countries and is spreading out so far its scary ... india, indonesia, thailand, malaysia, sri lanka (over 10 000 dead in 1 sri lanka), islands in the maldives (entire resorts were flattened - you know those famous ones you see in brochures of a line of huts out over bright blue water? - GONE)

rising tides are being reported as far away as the coast of western australia as the 'ripples' of the sunami still spread through the ocean.

WTF did we do to piss mother nature off THAT much?

is anyone else struggling to comprehend the size of this thing?!
    what is going on with the weather these days - any day now, the day after tomorrow is gonna hit us :wtf:

how long before hollywood has a movie called tsunami? LOL

BDBionic
    My mom leaves for Thailand in a few days to be with family. She has a lot of relatives in Phuket who work at the resorts and in the tourist industry down there. While most have been accounted for, a couple are still missing.

I think the magnitute of this natural disaster - spread across multiple continents, a dozen nations, affecting people from all over the world (residents, tourists) is beyond anything we've ever seen in any of our lifetimes.

If people can afford it, I'd suggest looking in to donating to the ICRC and such relief organizations. They're in need of massive assistance to help the people affected by this disaster and so any contribution they can get can make a difference.

desslock
    I know that Arthur C Clarke, who is a prolific science fiction writer, has been living in the Columbo Sri Lanka area for years. I hope not to see his name in the news.

Steve