Thread: Tsunami Relief Donations

BDBionic

Tsunami Relief Donations

Hey all. To say the least, the scope of the damage, death, injury and suffering as a result of the recent tsunamis is massive. Literally millions of people across a dozen nations, and every populated continent affected. Tens of thousands dead, hundreds of thousands and perhaps millions displaced and homeless, children orphaned, entire villages wiped out.

There isn't a single one of us who isn't infinitely blessed and prosperous when compared to most of the people living in the stricken areas. So any amount people as fortunate as ourselves can contribute makes a difference.

The following is a list of organizations and relief agencies taking donations to assist people living in the regions affected, as well as travelers who were caught up in it all. Though what has happened definitely has had a personal effect on my family as it seems some of my mother's cousins living and working in Phuket, Thailand are still missing and unaccounted for, simply seeing coverage of it all on the news and realizing just how grand the scope of tragedy here is brings it home for everyone. So if you're able to contribute to any of the following organizations and help in some way, no doubt many people will be extremely grateful.

Americares

CARE

Médecins Sans Frontières

Intl Fed. of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies

Intl Medical Corps

Intl Rescue Committee

Mercy Corps

UNICEF

UN World Food Programme

Some of the sites above may take awhile to load, as significant numbers of people are visiting them not only for information on relief efforts but also to donate to them. So please be patient with load times.

Thanks for takin' the time to read this and please don't hesitate to pass the links above along to friends, family and associates.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    Nice post Brian; the whole thing is utterly devastating.

BDBionic
    noticed that Amazon.com was doing a stand-up thing as well, prominently placing a American Red Cross donation plea on their main page. Allowing people to donate to the ARC as an Amazon "purchase". I was able to use the Amazon gift certificates I got for XMas as ARC donations.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    all this is horrible

so surreal to even look at. it boggles my mind at just how much devastation is.

watching Newsworld International on digital cable and they showed a guy who said his uncles and aunts were killed and half of his town.

i'll surely be donating some cash later today

and all this during christmas .............

BDBionic
    bump

desslock
    If you are an Amazon.com affiliate -

Affiliates put a donation button to the Red Cross on your website. Tonight with our cooking website's newsletter I have substituted the ads that I was going to run with a Red Cross Donation button.

It's is basically a utilization of their Amazon Honor System paybox, or "The Tip Jar"

Steve

RainGurl
    has anyone happened to have come across a place where you can donate paypal funds? we have donated via credit cards, but have some cash in paypal that's just sitting there and would like to send that as well, but i haven't been able to find anything that looks reputable. anyone know?

blahblahblah2521
    Hey BDBionic
    You have friends in Thailand? I'm in Thailand. Luckily I'm in Bkk so everyone is safe but it was horrible down south sigh...

Mr Blah!

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    We are taking donations at our website http://www.gayrice.com

we are working in coordination with the Gay Pride Organization and the Rainbow Cross, as well as the local Red Cross in Phuket.

We are trying to channel money to gay men and lesbians that are either directly affected due to job losses, home losses, immediate
    familiy losses, food, medicine, etc. We are concentrating our efforts on the gay community in Patong Beach Thailand ( one of the hard hit areas) as this is where we have direct contacts.

although we are not a registered charity, we are keeping very accurate records of all donations and will gladly provide an audit
    trail for anyone requesting that information.

We just started this yesterday, 1/1/05, and we started the ball rolling by making a $500 donation to a Thai gay man whose mother's house was destroyed. this money is going to repair the home he shares with his mother.

randy
    We just made a large donation to the Red Crossand i encourage others to do the same!