Thread: i wanted 2 start a free hosting service

leech

i wanted 2 start a free hosting service

i dont have any idea where 2 start at can some1 help me out

JustMe
    Greetings:

Ok, not to sound harsh or anything, but:

The fact that you have to ask such an overly broad question like "where do I start", tells me it's something you shouldn't be doing.

Hosting in ANY form comes with huge technical challenges (especially from the security perspective), and FREE hosting just means those problems will become a multitude times more complicated.

Unless you have a very technical background, you simply won't be able to prevent the inherent abuse that will come from a large portion of your members.

i have to echo JustMe's stance on this one. Running a webhosting business is hard enough, its a constant job of maintaining, monitoring and keeping it up to date, especially with all the security patches that are released almost weekly now.

Running a freehost is 10X harder, you will find they attract the worst of the worst in this business, including spammers, content thieves, illegal content of all types, hackers, password traders, program/mp3/warez traders, etc, etc....

if you are asking how to start out, i would say DON'T!

cheers,
    Luke

leech
    i know im gonna need a host i know about the banners and the revenue, but i dont know about the dns names and what kind of hosting plan i should use