Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's Dzinerbear!!!!

Mamakity

Yeah It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's Dzinerbear!!!!

I have to tell you all about Michael aka Dzinerbear. The regulars around this board probably already know and love him but for those of you who don't know or love him allow me to invite you on board the Dzinerbear Love Train.

I started coming around here in September of this year. From day one, Michael welcomed me to this community and offered his advice with no strings attached. Every question I posted, he either responded to the thread or PM'd me with the answer I needed. Eventually he helped me format a plan to take my site to a new level. As Scorpio worked on revamping the members area of my pay site, Michael was digging into my HUB, TGP and Galleries trying to assess why they were not working for me. A few surprises and a few blaring truths and the answer was clear. My introduction to TEXT came into focus. :penny: Search Engine Optimization! I'd heard the term before but in my mind always translated into something like cleaning a carburetor. Not something I know how to do.

Michael then proceeded to help by sending me to affiliate programs and explaining to me how to sign up with them and why. So, away I went signing up to all these affiliates I even did one all by myself. Of course it was Robin's so that was a no brainer. The next step was linking them. :eek: I don't know how to ftp yet so what does Michael do... He took care of it for me. He even built me a whole new page and it totally rocks! Here is the link to it, I'm sure you'll all agree. http://www.gayhotlinks.com/gay-links.htm
    Any other newbies wanting to see a good example of SEO go to my second page as that is my original page. It's good but it lacks the text for the Search Engines to find it.
    http://www.gayhotlinks.com/index2.html

Michael, you have taken me step by step through SEO to help me understand it. You've guided me when I have had other questions about my site. You've told me the do's and don’ts and allowed me to bounce off advice I received from other people. You always tell me like it is. You've never acted frustrated or irritated by me and you've always made me feel welcome. You've done all this for me with no ulterior motives. You are very modest with you help to me. You don't announce on the boards that you'll help me later you email me. In fact, I bet no one on GWW knows what all you've done for me except for those I've told myself.

You’re an honest and caring man and I'm honored to call you my friend.

Thank you Michael for everything.

:love:

Teresa:kitten:

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Michael is a cool cat, or is that a bear ... he should be getting back twice the good carma for helping so many people

Xstr8guy
    Ah, that guy is an asshole.

No really, this thread doesn't surprise me at all, D-bear is an absolute sweetheart. He has helped me enormously as well and I love him endlessly!

damkty
    i have to throw in my two cents worth. thank you michael and scorpio for the time and effort you gentelmen spent working with mamakity.
    don

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Teresa,

I have to agree with you :thumbsup:

Michael is one of many community members we have on GWW that makes it a pleasure for both Gary and I to be part of your community.

He is always willing to help anyone who asks for help and even helps when it isnt asked for specifically

He really is a credit to the team at Mancheck and i for one cant wait to meet him in person in a few days time

Regards,

Lee

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    I couldn't let this thread go by without offering my praise for Michael, as well.

He is truly one of the best people I've come across in this industry (and in life). His generousity with not only information, but his time, is something that is truly noteworthy.

And thank you, Teresa, for sharing this with us. You have shown us that you are not only a member of this community, but share in the REAL philosophy behind it - we're all here to work together.

My best,
    Gary-Alan
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

I agree, Michael is top shelf all the way!! He's everything Mamakitty said, and then some, and I hope someday to meet him and give him all those hugs I keep sending him in cyberland after he's helped me out with something.

Mamakity
    Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    And thank you, Teresa, for sharing this with us. You have shown us that you are not only a member of this community, but share in the REAL philosophy behind it - we're all here to work together.
    Ahhh:goseek: This is a wonderful group and I'm delighted to contribute in any way I can.:kitten:

Dzinerbear
    Ah ... you guys know how to make a bear blush. Thanks.

MamaKity, when I joined this board back in July 2003, I think it was. It was an ugly purple colour – oh wait, that's not what I wanted to say – it was a pretty low point in my life, yes, that's where I was going. I had lost my job four months earlier, I was launching my first gay site, my partner Ted was supporting us with a job that he hated. I launched my site at the end of April that year and freakin' Google decided not to do an update until June. I was dying for traffic. I was exactly where you are right now, trying to figure it all out. How do I get people to my site? How do I sell more memberships?

So I stumbled in here and asked a couple of questions, hoped no one would flame me, or point out that I was stupid. To be honest, there didn't seem to be much of a community here back then. I remembered the name Lee, but not much more than that. So I just floated for a while. I kept studying, I checked out AVS Friendly, I bought some Euro guy content because someone told me "it's all about the twinks, that's where the money is, bears don't sell" and I started another site. And then I thought perhaps I should check back here and see what was going on.

GWW had redecorated and there was more activity. I stayed and I learned. And it took a little while for me to find a place here, but I eventually snuggled in. The people here, especially those who have already replied to this thread, helped me enormously. My sites wouldn't be what they are today without them.

So Teresa it's come full circle to you, and you're welcome. I love your spirit. I believed you had what it took to make a go of it. And it makes me smile to help you out.

Hugs
    Michael
    Dzinerbear

Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    I remembered the name Lee, but not much more than that.
    You need to watch out for him... He's not to be trusted around copious amount of liquor and half naked guys from what im told

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    I used to think Lee was a girl and kept calling him that

Originally posted by jIgG
    I used to think Lee was a girl and kept calling him that
    Haha you mean you kept asking me if i took it like a girl

Regards,

Lee

I gotta join this group hug too - we all love ya Michael!!!

cheers,
    Luke

Jasun
    [without anything to say that hasn't yet been said, Jasun presents Dzinerbear with a coupon good for the sexual favour of his choice redemmable any time, any where]

Dzinerbear
    Oh dear ... this is getting good. Keep those presents cumming folks.

Michael