Thread: And lead rained from the sky

Xstr8guy

And lead rained from the sky

My partner and I went out for New Year's Eve last night. We live in Dallas where the majority own handguns.

Shortly before midnight, we were sitting in the car in a parking lot (ok, we were arguing, ). Although the lot was full of cars, we were the only people not inside of a nightclub.

At the stroke of midnight, the night erupted with 100's of simultaneous POPS that continued for several minutes and echoed from all directions. As a resident of Dallas for almost 5 years, this is nothing new for me... evidently, people like to shoot their guns into the air. :wacko:

What they don't understand, what goes up, must come down!

Suddenly my partner and I felt REAL vulnerable. A bullet falling from the sky can easily penetrate the roof of a car and kill you. As we sat in the car, leery of the danger, we heard a loud "CHONK" as a bullet hit the truck directly to our left!

After the shooting slowed, I wanted to go out and look for the bullet. Can you imagine what a great souvenir that would make, ? Luckily, my sober partner refused to let me leave the car.. who knows what was still falling from the sky.

After that, we resolved our stupid drama from earlier and continued to the next bar.

But next year (if we still live in redneckville), we will be staying home, sitting on the first floor of our house with metal pots on our heads, :1ymca:

Scorpio
    Well Jim, your bf saved your life probably
    You know, i never understood those stupid ass fucks shooting into the air like that and yeah that shows how redneck Dallas is.

Actually at 12, i was at Walmart LOL no stupid ass fucks there, just dummies so i was safe.

Wasn't just in Dallas ... we had a guy next door shooting off his rifle in the front yard for about 20 minutes and someone behind us let loose with a semi-automatic ... and this is smak dab in the middle of a highly populated neighborhood. I could hear more guns going off in the distance for nearly an hour... they have a different sound from a firecracker.

willwest

Glad you are safe

Hey Mr. Xstr8guy:
    I'm sure glad you guys are safe after the hail storm of bullets last night in Dallas. I heard fireworks at midnight but no discernible gunfire in our Phoenix neighborhood fortunately. Stray bullets remain a concern though since gun ownership and reckless usage are alarmingly high here too.

Wishing you all a safe and happy New Year!
    :3ymca:

two words: GUN CONTROL

but this is not the time to get political so happy new years and glad you survived!!!!

cheers,
    Luke

Jasun
    the phrase "Give Them Enough Rope" comes to mind.

Too bad smart people can get in the way, too.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    In ARizona it is a felony to shoot a firearm into the air. A harsh law but very hard to prove!

Maybe there should be an IQ test for firearm ownership....

Did you vote for Bush in 2004?
    1. Yes
    2. No

If "Yes" then you are not smart enough to be trusted with a ballot, much less a firearm.

Chad
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Damn thats crazy :wtf:

Regards,

Lee

Mamakity
    Glad you survived sweetie.

It's not just a Texas thing, my neighborhood does the same darn thing. In fact it's not just New Years when they do it but 4 of July too.

Personally I think if the law would allow us to have cherry bombs and M 80's again like the old days folks wouldn't take out there firearms. Ahh the good ol days.:kitten:

Xstr8guy
    Originally posted by chadknowslaw
    Maybe there should be an IQ test for firearm ownership....

Did you vote for Bush in 2004?
    1. Yes
    2. No

If "Yes" then you are not smart enough to be trusted with a ballot, much less a firearm.

Chad
    ROFLMAO