Thread: chatroom bots on gay.com

Dawgy

chatroom bots on gay.com

ive noticed an increase lately in chatroom bots on gay.com ... its driving me nuts. a full 50% of members in chat rooms are bots, almost all of them go to the domain icamsonline.com ... dunno who that is but he pisses me off.

whats interesting, is that i see people commenting on the bots... they know what they are, and ignore them... however, someone must be falling for the bullshit, because the bots are still there & growing in numbers....

discuss...

_ap_
    Hey D, have you been trying to pickup gay.com bots again?

Seriously tho, I'm wondering if gay.com has approved the use of bots by certain ppl.

We did a test about 5 years ago of an pseudo-AI based Eliza bot called Lisa that randomly started chatting to people on ICQ with a "hello". It was a crackup, people fully added Lisa to their contact lists.

After a few weeks of this we added to Lisa's vocabulary a bunch of insults in response to swear words. Wasn't long before lisa was mindlessly yelling abuse at several hundred people at a time.

I've noticed the gay.com bots have become a little "smarter" in the past few months. Obviously as users wise up to them, their operators add a few phrases of rudimentary conversation before the bot blasts a URL.

Anyways my point is, used well bots are a fucking powerful medium and the crap thats on gay.com hasn't even begun to scratch the surface.

ap.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    I've never understood the point of using them either. Everyone knows they are fake. No one goes to those sites. They drive me crazy too. Sometimes when i go into a chat rooms, i'll get a screenful of them. grrr.

Jim

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    isn't membership at gay.com paid? or are the chats free access?

Dawgy
    free & paid can get into chats

i agree with andrew, its a good tool from this perspective... but from a surfer perspective its fucking annoying.

its worse than popping 50 windows using code that defeats popup blockers... all you do is piss off the surfer. they will never buy from you, or anyone else, again... because they feel cheated & violated.

JustMe
    Greetings:

Originally posted by Dawgy
    they will never buy from you, or anyone else, again... because they feel cheated & violated.
    Most of the people that troll in those chatrooms all night long LIKE feeling cheated & violated. Probably why the bots are such a success to begin with....

Scorpio
    Actually, i see a lot of that www.g a y r o o m i e s.com ad crap.
    Bot gets in, make 5 identical posts in 2 seconds and leave.