Thread: Gayrated counter

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Ben's Avatar

Gayrated counter

It seems to be broken or not working for at least 10 days.
    Sometimes the webmaster page doesn't open at all, sometimes when I log in this error comes up:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gayrated.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Apache Server at www.gayrated.com Port 80

Do you have the same problems with it? Or do you use some other counter? I use paycounter sometimes but I find gayrated a bit easier to use.

Xstr8guy
    I use gayrated too, because I like the stats... when it works. But whoever is running that program is a moron. Don't even bother sending an email to support, it will be ignored.

They are out of the office until Monday. They were out of the office between Christmas and New Years, and then they were in Vegas all last week.

I told them about the counter problem and they are aware of it and it should be fixed on Monday or Tuesday, depending on the backup of work when they get back in the office.

Xstr8guy
    Thanks for the info MWCren!

Is gayrated run by a major company? It sure doesn't seem like GR is a very high priority for anyone. And how come their support email never works?

I guess you just have to know who to send email to! LOL

Yeah, its a pretty big company... Albert J Productions is GayMen, GBucks, ContentGuys, CruiserBoys, Maximo Latino and GayRated. There are probably other ventures, but those are the ones that come to mind. I buy content from Content Guys, so I sorta have an "in" with the powers that be.

I love gayrated counters and I am always sending them email when they start having problems. I know they had a major server crash a few months ago and I think the counter databases are getting so huge that they are prone to problems. Even with the tendency to be a step child venture, I keep on them when they are having problems, and I do get a response back, and they do actually want to make sure they are working.

The gay rated counters are the ONLY ones I've found that actually generate traffic. So as long as they keep them up and running, I'm gonna stick with them.

I guess you guys can call me the "GayRated Counter WatchDog" and know that if the counters aren't working, I'm all over it, and it will eventually start working again. The holiday season just sorta screwed up with their staffing and priority levels.

Xstr8guy
    Lol, now I know who to bug when GR isn't working. Muahaha :evil: (evil laugh)

Xstr8guy
    Hey, I just noticed in our avatars we are both hugging our dogs. Aaahh, isn't that cute.

yeah, the dogs keeps me grounded when all this crazyness gets to be too much.

I'll send a reminder email about the counters on Monday and maybe even send this thread to them so they know that people actually depend on the counters.

Xstr8guy
    Any word, Ren?

Nothing yet. I had a little server crash this afternoon, so I was a bit pre-occupied. I did send them a little "reminder" email about the counters, so hopefully they're not flooded out in San Diego and they will get them up again soon.

Xstr8guy
    Thanks Ren... I'm beyond impatient. I hate Webalizer stats... I'm dying to see gayrated stats because google recently did a bunch of shifting.

The Gay Rated Counters are working again. Yippee

Xstr8guy
    YAY! It's finally working again!