Thread: $550 Logo Contest

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Yeah $550 Logo Contest

Well we are already talking to a few designers to get some concepts together for a new content store we are about to launch but figured, while we were waiting on those designs it would be a good idea to offer those GWW community members who are graphically enabled a chance to show off their skills and, hopefully win $550 of prizes in the process :thumbsup:

What we are looking for is a logo for our new content store which will be opening later this month http://www.rainbowcontent.com

We are looking for a fresh design and one that should be visually inspiring to make the content store stand out from the crowd, we arent looking so much for exessive use of effects and graphics but something that is simplistic in its approach.

If we decide to use your logo on the store when it launches, we will give you $50 by Paypal for your time and, we will give you 1 months free button space on GWW ($500 value).

You must post all entries in this thread and the logo must follow these simple criteria:

1) Must have a use of color preferably in the form of a 'rainbow'
    2) The logo must also have the wording 'Rainbow Content' on it.

You may enter as many logos as you like in the contest and we WILL pick a winner from the submissions in this thread even if we dont use it!

Get your creative juices flowing and dazzle us with your design skills :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

JustMe
    Greetings:

No offense Lee, but I have never understood these "win the right to be paid for your work" type of contests. Much less a "win the right to make $50 for a logo design that other companies spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to have developed" contest.

I've always thought of them as a rather sad way of taking advantage of a userbase.

But, that's just IMHO.

:boo:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Whilst i would agree that contests for design work probably arent the best method of getting a good deal they do offer several benefits.

On our part, we get to see the creativity of other community members which can sometimes be better than our original plans for the logos as well as being much more cost effective than spending $75 on a logo from a designer that we will potentially never use.

On a designers part, they get to show their work off to other potential clients.

Win-Win situation all round, even if a designer doesnt win, other get to see the quality of their work and they may pick up additional paying clients because of something they posted.

Regards,

Lee

Exclusive Custom Gay Content Lykos's Avatar
    Nice comtests and defintly nice prizes :howl:

DigitalJay
    Count me in, designing logos is fun. Does the site have a slogan?

DigitalJay
    *bump* Get busy and design some cool logos everyone. I want to see what the regulars here can do too.

Justme I'm missing the point of your post. Isn't it kind of like complaining about extra credit homework? I don't see how it could be seen as taking advantage of anyone.

While I'm not really in the running on the contest aspect, as Lee did contact me about a design, I thought I would take advantage of the opportunity to show you some of my design skill/concepts of the name itself and what possiblities could come of it for branding the site name. Just an exercise in what may be an obvious logo (ie using a rainbow) ... into other creative concepts that project various levels of visual and subliminal responses. Simple to Classy and things in between ...

Rainbow Content Banner Samples

Still hoping to see some others jump in just to share their concepts!

Xstr8guy
    Looking good Bec!

nice work, as per usual Bec!

cheers,
    Luke

DigitalJay
    Well I tried and tried, but everything I came up with looked like box art for some 80s video game like Tron. There is just no easy way to design anything with rainbows and make it look modern.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Those are really nice Bec.. i really liked how you did the play on it... #2 & #8 are my choice if I had a say.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Originally posted by gaystoryman
    Those are really nice Bec.. i really liked how you did the play on it... #2 & #8 are my choice if I had a say.
    Ah, you picked 2 of my favs as well!

Now that some of you took a look ... care to talk a bit about how you approach branding your own site look? Do you design your own, hire someone and go with whatever they come up with ... are you in tune with colors and how they affect your surfers?

Originally posted by DigitalJay
    Well I tried and tried, but everything I came up with looked like box art for some 80s video game like Tron. There is just no easy way to design anything with rainbows and make it look modern.
    Yea, I understand what you're saying, it can be a real challenge to try and take what passes for clipart that's available on royalty free cds and come up with a modern bent with them. So much of what's out there that designers can use is ancient and very "childish" or "cartoonish" and low quality to boot. Frustrating!