Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of HunkHunter and Gay.Sex.com???

Mamakity

I Wonder? What do you think of HunkHunter and Gay.Sex.com???

I'm looking into advertising with HunkHunter or Gay.Sex.com.

Are they a good source of traffic? Do you find your conversions do well? What is your overall opinion of them?

I'm not sure yet how to advertise with them as they have many options but maybe if you have experience with these guys you can tell me what has worked or not worked for you.

I've only bought traffic from Men On The Net and although I had a lot of traffic I could not convert it.I was told by the rep that might have been because I wasn't offering exclusive content. I do now but not that much.

I'm a bit leery of advertising that I have exclusive content yet because of this, it's growing but it's not even like some of your sites.

Your thoughts please and thank you.:kitten:

Dzinerbear
    MK,

I currently have a text ad on HunkHunter. It does alright for me and it doesn't cost a lot, it's $70 for three or four months in the bear / hairy men section.

So that would be my advice to you: try a text ad first. They're cheap enough and you're bound to make your $70 back (or whatever it costs) over a three month period. I don't know that I would blow a lot of money with them on a banner ad until I saw how a text ad performed. I've heard a couple of people on here talking about how disappointed they were with the performance of their ads over there, so I really think it depends on your niche and a whole bunch of other things.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Mamakity
    Thanks love. Good advise as always.

P.S.
    As I was reading your reply post I can hear your voice saying the words. Is that cool or what! hehe

Xstr8guy
    I only briefly tried sex.com. I think I bought $50 worth and it didn't convert.

Try google adwords, but target your search terms and limit your budget. I spend a lot there every month and it converts great on one of my sites. I have tried it on 2 other sites with terrible results. But it can work very well with a lot tweaking.

Mamakity
    Thanks Xstr8guy, it's the advise of these boards that helps us all.

Google Ad words.. Hmm, I'll check them out.

Thanks again.:kitten:

Xstr8guy
    Yes, it is 1 out of 3, but I think I could improve those results with some more tweaking. I really only like 1 out of 3 of those sites so I didn't try too hard, .

If you get it right with google adwords, the results can't be beat.

Xstr8guy
    Hey! You edited your post Mamkity. Lol, now it looks like I'm crazy and talking to myself. :wacko:

Dzinerbear
    You are and you do, don't you?

dzinerbear

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    MamaKitty....some good advise here. I can personally and professionally vouch for HunkHunters. They have great traffic, some of the most reasonable rates you will find anywhere and the guys that run it are the top-notch, stand up guys that makes it a pleasure to do biz with
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com

Xstr8guy
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    You are and you do, don't you?

dzinerbear
    BITCH!

Mamakity
    Dzinerbear and Xstr8guy...Play nice! Hehehe, your too funny.

Harlan, Thanks for the recommendation. I'll go look into it.:kitten:

i like hunkhunter, and i love google adwords. adwords takes a lot of tweaking, because ya can't use any nasty words there.

i did okay on sex.com, but i was advertising in a category that showed up on sex.com as well as gay.sex.com. it wasn't my best campaign ever, but it did make a little $.

Mamakity
    Thanks Basschic. Now that my computer is finally working today I can go look into it.

JustMe
    Greetings:

I've been spending about $150 per day playing with google adwords for the past couple of weeks. I can agree with what everyone else has said, it performs well once you tweak everything (hint: add the word "free" to your list of exclusions, and make DAMN sure you don't choose any keywords that use it. "free" cost me a lot of money, haha)

Sex.com sucks, and not in a good way. I did a $100 test campaign with them, and didn't make a single sale from it! Contrast this to the 1:137 conversion ratio I'm getting from google adwords.

I don't know where on earth sex.com is getting their traffic from, but they can damn well keep it as far as I'm concerned.

i would imagine most of their traffic comes from guys typing in the word "sex" and wondering what is there.

also keep in mind that sex.com opens your site in a new window, which NO other bought traffic does. and they keep a console in the background, as well. so they are definitely not trying to help you make sales.