Thread: Grrr PPC Relevancy For "Gay" Search Terms

robin

Angry Grrr PPC Relevancy For "Gay" Search Terms

:bomb:

Anyone else have problems with getting their "gay" search term bids approved by mainstream PPC engines? I've just had another batch of bids rejected.

"Gay Bears" got rejected and yet 3 other ppl are bidding on the same term -- they don't even have anything to do with Bears. (sites or ads).

I've sent in a query on that -- makes no sense at all to me. I suspect that they'll say, "well it's because bears might get picked up by people searching for the animal".

Which is fine and dandy, but then why are those other bids showing up and besides the ad is clearly marked as "adult" in the bid manager, so the ad can be filtered correctly.

A few weeks back I was bidding on search terms for my gay search engine and most of the terms got rejected too. The reason -- "gay search engine" and a number of similar terms aren't considered "adult" search terms. Which is fine by me, except that in order for me to get my ad for the search engine listed I have to select the "adult content" filter.

ARRRRRG! :bomb:

There, I feel semi-releived now that I have that off my chest.

robin
    I found out the reason for the rejection. "Gay Bears" is considered slang at FindWhat . The odd thing is, if I had the term in my URL or domain name, the ads might have been accepted. That's just :wacko:

Gmtl
    I know about what you talking about! You should try www.click4gay.net this is like findwhat but entirely devoted to LGBT websites.
    I can assure you will get "gay bears" keywords ...

Regards

robin
    Haha -- it's kind of odd how I keep bumping into you guys virtually...I've got your site bookmarked, a shortcut in a folder on my desktop and I keep on saying to myself that I've got to try you guys out...

Well I can't do anything this week -- but you're on my mind for this month.

BTW: do you guys also own spidergay? Just wondering.

Gmtl
    Robin,
    I'm from GayCrawler.com and we have partnered with Click4gay.net which is own by www.Etineria.com ...
    I didn't meet guys from Spidergay.com yet but I think they are independant.
    Etineria runs different click4.... they are an "asp" I'm not sure they can manage topics directories! But who knows!

When you will be ready to sign up, don't for to add the GayCrawler's promo code of $25 free click ...(promo code = 102)

Ciao