Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your worst converting niche?

dalimili

What's your worst converting niche?

Don't know if most of you have only one niche that you build or run banners of, but I have four at this point... Don't know how wise that is, but I'm trying to figure out which ones do best.... so far I've noticed that TWINKS are absolutely the worst converting thing I have... to put it blantly, they don't convert at all... while Black and Voyeur do me good....

Marc
    My worst is gay hentai

Takemytaco
    I can't sell twinks.

Dzinerbear
    I can't sell twinks either.

dzinerbear

Rainbo1956
    These days I'm haveing a hard time selling anything...

I do ok with ebony and with the working men movies (for the traffic I've sent)

The one Voyeur site I promote has really, really sucked big time...may be time to move on from that sponsor.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Again a vote for twinks.

I just think the surfer has been bombarded by so many twink sites that all have the same emactiated looking guys on them that they know unless a site is offering a micro niche in the twink niche that they really arent worth joining.

Then you have those so-called twink 'mega sites' to which promise everything under the sun which, because the site owners business model has been the same for the last 5+ years means that the vast majority of the content has been seen before.

I do beleive that we will however, see a much wider range of niches within the gay market this coming year which can only help promoters of gay sites in the long run and, whilst i would say that there will always be a demand for twinks by the surfers, i also think that catering to the tastes of the 'non-twink' market is honestly where the real money lays.

Regards,

Lee

JustMe
    Greetings:

Originally posted by Rainbo1956
    and with the working men movies
    Ok, I'm going to take a risk and out myself here:

Am I the ONLY person that visits this board that thinks most of the guys on the "working men" movies site look, well, homeless...

:err:

Surely I can't be the only one that doesn't understand why people find the homeless look appealing?

I think I'm a minority within a minority, what a bitch, haha.

Xstr8guy
    Twinks and Jocks... the worst. I send very little traffic to sites like Randy Blue, but with the results so far, I don't need to expend too much more energy in that direction.

As far as WorkinMenMovies, yes some of them do look homeless ... some of them are . But the site appeals to guys that are looking for REAL men... not pretty boys.

And JustMe, you are in the majority, not the minority! It's just that a few of us on here have been very vocal about WMM because it is exactly what we have been looking for to send our traffic.

twink only sells for me when the site has fresh-faced boys between 18-22. most twink sites have pics that don't look fresh and clean. i don't know how old the average models actually are, but i've seen balding "twinks" on tours, twinks with 2 days of beard growth, muscular "jock" types... jeez!

dalimili
    Well just to clear something... I started this thread because on another board which is mostly straight oriented they had the same question and the worst converting niche was "Teens"...

so I wanted to know if gay market has same "problems"... As someone said, obviously there's been too much twink sites in last few years and it just got a bit "dull"....

P.s. Maybe I'm doing bad with it because I really don't have any idea which twink faces have featured gazillions of times and which not... as it's really not my primary choice... Guess I'll drop them

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by dalimili
    P.s. Maybe I'm doing bad with it because I really don't have any idea which twink faces have featured gazillions of times and which not... as it's really not my primary choice... Guess I'll drop them
    You know the easiest way to find that out is to take a look at some of the larger sponsors 'twink' paysites, topbucks, silvercash, platinumbucks, python etc etc

Take a look at just how many of them use the same models and the same pics within a set and base your choices on that.

You may be better off going to some of the smaller but upcoming sponsors and promoting their twink sites such as Pride Bucks.

Thats not to say there isnt a place for the larger sponsors twink sites such as TopBucks and the others i mentioned earlier but if you see a site with the same model being used over and over again, the chances are, the surfer has already seen it and, potentially already joined and cancelled their membership to that site.

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    justme,

I understand your point, but I'm taking it that you aren't really into bearded, older, hairy guys, so why would you find those guys attractive. I'm not attracted to younger guys unless their Czech or Hungarian, slightly muscled, and uncut. And a lot of the younger guys/twinks that I see other other sites are skinny, scrawny, hairyless, unappealing, and really just a step away from emaciated. I don't get why there is so much of that on the Net.

So now imagine that you're a guy like me and you stumble across a site like Workin Men Movies, of course you're going to buy a membership. I have sold more memberships for WMM in one month than I have for Randy Blue in a whole year. And I actually like the guys on Randy Blue, and to clarify I don't think they're the emaciated type I was talking about up top, they're more muscled, jockish, but still there's so much of that type of guy out there, it's harder to sell.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Takemytaco
    I completly agree with Dzinerbear,
    I have sold more WMM memberships than some other "main" niches within the gay market.

I don't find the guys from WMM appealing but at the end what counts is what my traffic likes.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    Honestly, I will sell almost anything that has a price tag attached. I don't have to like the content to sell it. If it's something my traffic likes, so be it.

Because I like money in my pocket more then I care if I like the content or not. Maybe that's just me.

Now that i'm totally off subject, the hardest selling niche for me was the manly muscle men. latin content I did GREAT with, but the big str8 jock stuff I couldn't move much.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

BDBionic
    I can't not sell twinks.

Seriously, I put up a new twink sponsor and am bombarded with sales.

Same with college guys.

Because the site I have has that kind of traffic. The free content I put up is twink/college guy. So that's the flavor the surfers are in to, that's what the bookmarked surfers are lookin' to see. That's what people who share the site with friends and on boards are sharing it for.

On no link lists have I put myself in to the Twinks category. But it's still what the majority of content is and so what people go for.

I can't sell bears on this site. I can't sell guys over 30 on this site. But twinks and college guys go like hotcakes.

I don't think the twink niche is tired. I don't think it's burnt out or lost its luster.

I think there are some fantastic, amazingly well converting, excellently run, and extremely great twink sites out there. So rather than the entire niche being tired, perhaps a lot of people just aren't promoting the right sponsors or haven't built a traffic base inclined to be interested in twink sites.