I support GWW's decision to moderate their own discussion board in any manner they see fit. You've seen the sign a million times, "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone."

I was in a similar situation on a personal level during the Holidays.

I always throw a nice Xmas dinner, and I found myself in a position of playing "the bad guy" this year by dis-inviting a couple of moochers. Without getting into too much detail, there were two people that have been coming to my holiday events the past few years who never reciprocated invitations, never brought food or gifts and never helped with set-up or clean-up. They were also loud drunks who dominated every conversation.

I felt really shitty by dis-inviting these two, but in the end, my guests and I had a lot more fun without them.

I don't know if this analogy applies to the C-socket/B-fellow situation or not, because it's none of my business. (Although, I wish someone would give me the scoop privately...) My mooching friends will probably never change, but I think I made the right decision, even though it made things very uncomfortable at other holiday parties.

I consulted other friends who knew the situation, particularly since the moochers were also dis-invited from other parties. Some supported my decision, some thought I should have let them come just to save face. The best response was, "Other people could get away with being a snob by dis-inviting them, but you're not known for that."