Thread: Takes money to make money?

Rainbo1956

Takes money to make money?

Do you think it takes money to make money.
    Or, do you think hard work, tallent, good planning, good programs, etc...can make you money with a low investment?

Did you start out with a high budget or little money in this biz?

Do you think someone can make money in this biz using free hosting, pics etc...and make it work with a very low budget? Or do you think you have a better chance of making it spending 1000's of dollars?

Rainbo1956
    Hehe...I think I already know Lee's answer.

Been around here at least that long to know it...
    Let's see if I'm right

i'm not lee, but i'd say without some investment, it won't only take hard work, it will take time. a few years ago, you could get started in this business with only enough money for a little hosting (i'm not a believer in free hosting) and domain registration.

and don't leave experience out of the mix - you can't start a really good site, or know what makes money, without experience. you can't even know who to hire to do it for you. i see people hiring people who at a glance we can see don't actually know anything about making sites, site flow or traffic.

but to really answer that, we'd have to know how much money your low investment is. $50? $500? $5000?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    I don't think you always have to have an investment to make money in the adult business. I know quite a few guys that started out on free hosting, making AVS/aen sites. Granted, now they have larger free sites and invested in software, buying traffic, ECT. I think that if you want to make good money then yes you will need to make some investment on good hosting, scripts, design, ECT.

Now if you want to make membership sites, it's a whole different story. You would need a nice budget, unless you a stud and just shoot yourself. :specs:
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by basschick
    i'd say without some investment, it won't only take hard work, it will take time.
    I would have to agree with that statement from Basschick fully.

I do beleive it IS possible to make money without investing any at all however, its going to make things a LOT harder for you especially, if you dont have the basics like a decent paid host or even paid content.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I agree.

I think you can start a paysite on a shoestring (few hundred bucks if you're really careful, can do your own web design, and make good deals on content, or have model friends who will let you pay them later or something) but it sure helps to have some cash to put into it.

My former partner started Boyfunk on almost nothing, but it wasn't until we joined forces and started putting some decent money into more models, promotion, and so forth that things really started to grow.

Madame0120

Big Grin

I really don't know how anyone succeeds in this business without start-up monies. Quality software alone ate a big chunk of ours.

Happily we are at the point of making our sites' overhead, and can see only blue skies ahead for 2005. It's been a hard row to hoe, pushing against a wicked learning curve and staying focused on our goals. I am so happy to report the hard work is finally starting to pay off!

Madame

Rainbo1956
    Alot of really good points here.

We sarted on a low bubget and have done just "ok".

Next year, when we have more time to invest, we'll invest more money as well.

I know many webmasters from Europe that have had to start on a low budget and are now actually doing better than my partners and myself (corse, they work full time and we're mostly part time)