Thread: Too bad this wasn't the NY Times

Dzinerbear

Too bad this wasn't the NY Times

http://www.newyorkdailytimes.com/home.htm?m=ibill

Good article. Holy shit article.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

I have a cute ibill story, if this is the appropriate place to pile on. LOL

I have a revshare affiliate that never received a check from back in August. Probably lost with all the absentee ballots mailed in Ft. Lauderdale.

I've been trying to get that check replaced for him for 5 months. They closed their account with Wachovia, the main banking account they were using at that time, so my question was, "why should I pay $30 to stop payment on a check written on an account you no longer use?"

Their reply?
    A $30 stop payment for a lost check has always been the fee. Our policy has not changed regarding stop payments. iBill cannot be held responsible for the US Postal system. We met our obligation in sending the check out to the address we have on record. There are fees iBill pays with the bank to place a stop payment.
    And that is from a guy they specifically named in the article referenced in the previous post.

My reply? Ok, go ahead, charge me the 30 bucks. You have to pay me to deduct it. Since you're probably not going to pay me, I really don't give a sh*t.

BDBionic
    Anyone with at least one working sense should have recognized and noticed everythng "revealed" through that article on their own long ago.

Fact of the matter is that IBill has stolen peoples' money, and continues to do so every time they charge one of your members without paying you your due amount of that membership fee.

Not fully paying out reserves.
    Not paying for new transactions.
    Excuse after excuse and lie after lie, with a steady stream of promises that go unkept.

Early on many of us had hoped IBill would come out of this ok for the industry's sake. More processors means more choices and a more stable industry on the whole. But there can be absolutely no good that comes out of an institution such as IBill surviving to manipulate and steal from webmasters in to the future. And it serves no ones interests to continue propping up and supporting such thievery. They deserve to crash and burn, and do it hard.

Camper than a row of tents
    This article reads like it was written by a high school student with an intern postition at the paper. Who knows how accurate it even is. It's 10% news reporting and 90% slander.

"If iBill is not stopped, they will undoubtedly continue to lie and steal from their customers, from their clients, and from their stock investors."

"iBill has become the most reviled, despised, mistrusted, and suspicious companies on the Internet, with business practices reminiscent of Nazi Germany."

"...a company totally incapable of being honest..."

"They offer only childish statements to their client website businesses."

"They became lazy, full of themselves."

"... iBill has no intention of paying many or possibly any of their website businesses..."

"Officers of [iBill] are making bets on which client will pull out next..."

And then.....

"We make these statements with the full intention of backing them up in a court of law."

Umm, yeah right.

This is NOT legit reporting. I don't like what iBill has done, but it would have been nice to have had a real reporter covering the story.

BDBionic
    Obviously the article is crap, but it definitely doesn't change the fact that IBill's up to no good, at the expense of countless webmasters.

Reading between the lines of the IBill CMI is much better reading than that "article" and paints all the story that need be painted to see what it is they're up to.

It should be pointed out, however, that article is presented as a "opinion" piece. So some editorializing is, of course, inevitable. It's nowhere near qualifying as a piece of investigative journalism, but an op ed and no more.

Its from the Oregon Herald, thats the way they write stories. They are more of an editorial paper than what most would consider as an unbiased, journalistic endeavor. From my dealings with them, its basically true, some exaggerations, granted.

The bottom line is that this is the first widely circulated article about ibill. If some of the majors pick it up and do a little digging, then I think it will go a long way toward bringing this all to some kind of conclusion-- ibill goes out of business, or ibill takes the hint and starts paying the webmasters.

They have gotten by for far too long without any major heat. Its time to turn up the flames.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I honestly cant beleive that this isnt big news in mainstream like it is in adult.

Ive only seen mention of it in a couple of places and that was when all of this started to happen several months ago.

Regards,

Lee

dalimili
    I still can't believe that Ibill is owned by Penthouse

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    OK has ANYONE started a class action lawsuit against ibill?

enougth is enought , its one thing not being paid by a bank and having to scrable but now they have a new bank that IS paying them and they STILL are not paying anything to webmasters?? Thats deleiberate fraud and stealing.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

willwest

iBill: Sex, Lies, and Credit Cards

Thanks for sharing that iBill article link Mr. Dzinerbear. Please let me know if anyone hears of a class action lawsuit against iBill. That crooked company is inexcusably delinquent with their payment of $15K to one of the companies I work for as a web admin.

Ok, CollegeBoys...since your in FL, and any legal action against ibill has to be filed in FL, if you guys find an attorney, send him the link DzinerBear gave us, and see what you can get rolling, I'm in.

Its difficult to get an interstate lawsuit started from here in NY state against a business entity in Florida.

let me call our attourney we have on retainer and see what he says

Mackdaddy

BS

That article about iBill was excellent fiction. I stopped reading once I got to the list of peoples names (left iBill or in hiding) he included in his article.

One of the people on his list still works there. Most of the people are gone but have been gone for years, way before iBill started having issues. And some of those people were frickin fired because they were scum bags.

I have read some of these message boards and the only webmasters I see complaining about iBill are the webmasters that dont know anything about running a business. If they knew anything, they would have seen that iBill was having issues and made appropraite business arrangements to run like the wind.

You say this about ibill but the one big question remains.

Now that they are using GKard and being paid by them WHY are they not paying the moneys to webmasters?

I dont mean the monies owed from the september / first data stuff I mean the money they are still taking from clients on a daily basis?

THAT is the question.

BDBionic

Re: BS

Originally posted by Mackdaddy

I have read some of these message boards and the only webmasters I see complaining about iBill are the webmasters that dont know anything about running a business. If they knew anything, they would have seen that iBill was having issues and made appropraite business arrangements to run like the wind.
    You're back with the dumbass generalizations, I see.

You had a reasonable and worthwhile post going there - especially about all the fiction included in that article - before taking down your standard "inflame for the sake of inflaming and say something baseless and stupid" route.