Thread: Looking for photographer/videographer who wants to partner on NEW niche site

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.

Looking for photographer/videographer who wants to partner on NEW niche site

Hey everyone, I'm willing to give a 50% stake of a new gay niche site to a photographer/videographer who could shoot the content for it. This 'is' a niche and not something I just made up, but there is currently little or no content of this kind out there and definitely isn't being promoted by any webmaster program that I know of. I own the domain names and typos of this niche and would like to be first to the market with it. Since I'm not a content producer personally, I am looking for someone to share this opportunity with who can shoot the content for it.

I would be providing the processor, domain names, 100's of K in traffic and the management of the affiliate end, as well as pay all hosting and advertising needs of the site. I just need the content person who can shoot the content (pics and video).

If you know someone or you can do this yourself, please contact me asap on icq as I'd like to get started by the end of Feb or sooner! You will have to sign and fax back a non-disclosure and non-compete agreement before I tell you the niche as it will be key to be first to market as you could imagine.

Questions or concerns can be talked about before you sign anything, just want to make clear what I'm looking for in a partner.

Hope someone wants to try something new

Thanks,
    Daymare

JustMe

Re: Looking for photographer/videographer who wants to partner on NEW niche site

Greetings:

Originally posted by Daymare
    I just need the content person who can shoot the content (pics and video).
    What world do you live in? It's not one that I'm at all familiar with.

In the world that I live in, domains, hosting, affiliate software, and design are the LEAST expensive aspects of opening a site. Have an entire site's worth of exclusive content produced, is by FAR the largest expense and most challenging aspect of a start up venture.

So, you either live in some scary parallel universe, have no idea what the hell you're doing, or are trying to take advantage of some sap of a producer.

And making a producer sign a non-compete agreement? HAHA. Talk about a career ender of a document for them.

At any rate, you're not the type I'd recommend someone go into business with.

:wacko:

Slade
    Heck..I've got LOTS of great ideas for sites that do not exist or are very few.

Anyone willing to go 50/50 with me and shoot all the content for them?:specs:

Daymare - this would not be a good deal for a content guy - especially since you don't mention your experience in that list. do you run successful paysites or avs sites? have you run them for other people? who will be paying for a good, professional design?

i've seen a lot of really poorly made sites on the web in great niches. some look good, some don't - but what they have in common is that they aren't really designed to SELL.

why not simply pay for your content if you are so sure of your niche? i'm sure that someone would be willing to give you a deal.

Dawgy
    well daymare definitely has the traffic

partnering is rarely a good thing for a producer.

find someone to shoot it exclusive for you, youll make more & he will too.

hit me up if u want, im about to start shooting again.

Exclusive Custom Gay Content Lykos's Avatar
    That sounds like a good idea to me and Daymare is a good man!
    I would definitly like to work with u but just right now i am not in position for new investments
    but in future why not if there is a chance :howl:

Well I'm definitely not :wacko:

Content costs 'can' be the most expensive yes. But for someone not living in North America or western europe, sometimes shooting content can be $50 a model. I am not saying I want $50 model or a $5000 model, the point is that some people 'can' do it for very little and the chance to own 50% of the site could potentially make them exponentially more than seems worth it a lot more than just taking a 1 time exclusive payment for it their work.

The non-compete would not be for the whole gay market or anything! I'm not that stupid to ask anyone for that; ! It would just be for the very specific niche that I would be shooting, and the non compete would come after the non disclosure. So the photographer just has to promise in writing not to tell anyone about the idea first, and only if he accepts working with me, would he/she have sign the non-compete because I don't want them working for anyone else for this specific gay niche, that would be a conflict of interest.

Sometimes, the most expensive thing with a site is getting it traffic. Tons of people start reality gay sites or regular gay paysites that don't even get 1k/day of traffic from their own sources and they have to pay out heaps of money for it. The fact that I will be marketing it using my own traffic (I have enough of it) to get the site going and more than profitable should the niche be a success would make it a very attractive risk vs. rewards for a content producer is a situation to take advantage of it. I will be paying for the design, hosting and everything else related to costs other than content production, so if the producer thinks he can shoot enough and wants to take the plunge with me, then I'm willing too. You have to take risks sometimes.

And yes I do run a small (in my opinion) successful paysite using just my own traffic sources and a couple of friends, no affiliates. I use ccbill US so the processor is rock solid... whatelse can I say. I don't believe calling me an idiot is fair. Sometimes a deal doesn't suit you, so move on... if I were a photographer and wanted to have a chance at more than just shooting content fees, then this is what I'd be looking for.

Anyways, thanks Dawgy and Lykos. You know me

Originally posted by basschick
    why not simply pay for your content if you are so sure of your niche? i'm sure that someone would be willing to give you a deal.
    Even though I 'could' just get someone to shoot it, I would rather share the risk 'and' reward with someone else. It's a 2 way street. If the content producer thinks it a dumb niche, then ultimately I wouldn't shoot it. I haven't had the chance to bounce the niche off of a lot of people because of the 'first to the market' concerns so there are obviously somethings that I might not be considering. So once an NDA is signed, I can talk freely about the idea and get a group synergy of interest behind it before proceeding. I would rather have this type of assurance for this project than doing it solely on my own.

It's just my prerogative, that's all

Just wanted to post again saying that I have a content producer interested in hearing the niche details, but if you are still interested and just haven't contacted me yet, please contact me and I will add you to my list as a backup if the first content person is not interested after we talk.

My icq is 912570.

Dzinerbear
    JustMe, why can't you just post your feedback without being insulting? Go ahead and tell the guy his idea is flawed and why, but must you tell him he's an idiot, too? Have a little respect, dude.

Dzinerbear

Exclusive Custom Gay Content Lykos's Avatar
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    JustMe, why can't you just post your feedback without being insulting? Go ahead and tell the guy his idea is flawed and why, but must you tell him he's an idiot, too? Have a little respect, dude.

Dzinerbear
    I agree with u,this board is not place for insults!